Wednesday, August 31, 2022

Matthew 11:28 - "The Healing"

Yesterday was a 'tough' day emotionally. Rainy weather in the morning started my day off wrong but I survived with walking some inside and then when the weather broke I walked here in the neighborhood. The afternoon was challenging with Marion not wanting to cooperate. I actually don't blame her. If I were in pain as she is, I would not want to cooperate either. Thankfully I was able to get her to PT but I think the days of doing that are dwindling down. My heart breaks for her. It also breaks for my Momma who isn't feeling good. I keep praying for God to show compassion on both of them. Throughout the day I received prayer requests for various 'tough' situations. A suicide where a brother did not think they could continue living without them. A friend in her last hours. Last night God brought her and her family to my mind and I prayed only to find out within minutes she had taken her last breath on this earth. I found out about the death of another friend last night. Right before bed a request came in for a newborn with jaundice. So, so much going on. In the midst of all of it God provided exactly what I needed with friends gathered around my table for dinner and laughter. They are family when my biological family are so far away. They are here for me through the good and the bad days of life. They sense what I need and provide. I am one blessed lady. I shared with Cait about Sunday being the two year anniversary of Doc's death and she immediately went into 'care mode' with making sure I won't be alone. God is with me every step of every day. He is with me as I minister to others and He is with me as I make sure to have self-care. He is with me when life is overwhelming not only for myself but also for those around me. He is with me as I look ahead to September with the anniversary of Doc's death, my mammogram, and our wedding anniversary. Plain and simple. He is with me. When I was working on my sermon yesterday, I was reminded of this. He desires us to allow Him to be there for us no matter what is happening in life. He desires to give us rest in the midst of the chaos of life. As we await medical test results He desires to be our peace. As we go through deaths and anniversaries of deaths of loved ones He desires to be exactly what we need. I am so thankful for Who God is in my life and for the way He takes care of all my needs. I'm reminded of the song "The Healing" this morning...

You're right here by my side
If I'm going through hell I'll be all right
I'm standing on what You promised me
Yes I believe it's true
That every time You'll see me through
I know I'm safe You'll never leave

Dear Jesus, Yesterday was a 'tough' day but You were right there with me through it all. Thank You for being with me with Marion! Thank You for providing friends who brought laughter around my dinner table! I am so blessed by Brooklyn, Andy, Cait, Alex, and the kids being my family. Thank You for being with me every time I received a prayer request throughout the day. What a day with deaths of multiple friends. I pray Your peace over every family who had a love one take their last breath on this earth. I pray for Baby Easton who is hospitalized and for a friend waiting medical test results. I pray Your peace over my Momma who isn't feeling well. I said yesterday 'sometimes life stinks' and am thankful You are here in such times. I pray Your peace over: my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Beth; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Rhonda; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sandy; Rick; Cyndi; Serenna and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Sharon's daughter Ashley; Chrissy's cousins; Shirley Jones; Preacher Bill Watts; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Alex's niece; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; and Sue Danhoff's husband HarvI pray for: the Long Family, Vickie and her son Jim, Becky, Ken, and Russ. Thank You for continued strength for Baby Henry and Alex's brother who was in a car accident. Thank You for being close to Melanie and her family; Terri Mosley's family; my cousin Wayne's siblings and family; Kim Zifel and her family; and Jerry Gates and his family. Thank You for being My Comforter! Amen.

No comments: