Monday, August 15, 2022

Psalm 29 - "Build A Boat"


As I stood and looked out over the water the other day the first thing that came to my mind was peace. The beauty of God's creation gives me peace. As I walked that morning there were different songs that came to my mind. One of them was "Build A Boat." This song is about walking in obedience to God. The result of such a life is living in His strength, wisdom, peace, and joy. 

I will build a boat in the sand where they say it never rains
And I will stand up in faith, I'll do anything it takes
With Your wind in my sails, Your love never fails or fades
I'll build a boat in the desert place
And when the flood and the water starts to rise, yeah
I'll ride the storm 'cause I got You by my side
With Your wind in my sails, Your love never fails or fades
I'll build a boat, so let it rain

We never know what tomorrow will bring but we do know Who does have such knowledge. His love will get us through anything that comes our way. As I stood there by the water I thought about all that has happen in my life over the last six years since walking in obedience to God with coming to South Carolina. Breast cancer that included surgery and radiation, loss of my brother, Doc's pancreatic cancer with chemo and death, deaths of two of Mr Fran and Grammy who prayed and encouraged me, Mordecei's death, my hospital stay after falling in the garage, and the death of my Rickey to COVID. These were all traumatic things in my life that could have pulled me away from God but instead they drew me closer to Him. There have been so many times where fear tried to creep in and cause havoc in my life but I strive to not allow that to happen. Instead I strive to lean into God and His peace when the storms come my way. Lately there has been many memories come before me of the times with the onset of MS and the exasperations over the years. I told someone yesterday I would be very sad if I went back to the bed or wheelchair. It would be sad for me to not be able to be out playing in the ocean as I did yesterday with friends. It would be sad to not be able to take walks but I am reminded if that is what God has in store for me I will be ok. Matthew Henry wrote of Psalm 29:

If we have heard God's voice, and have fled for refuge to the hope set before us, let us remember that children need not fear their Father's voice, when he speaks in anger to his enemies. While those tremble who are without shelter, let those who abide in his appointed refuge bless him for their security, looking forward to the day of judgment without dismay, safe as Noah in the ark.

Noah built the ark out of obedience to the Lord. Him and his family were safe as a result of that obedience. I wonder what 'ark' God is calling me to build for the storms ahead in my life.

Dear Jesus, Thank You for Your love, mercy, and grace! Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for going before me and opening doors to what You desire for me and closing ones the enemy has for me! Thank You for Glenda who helped my Momma yesterday! What a blessing she is in my life. Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May Your words, actions, thoughts, and attitude flow from me in a mighty way today. I pray Your peace over: My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Beth; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Rhonda; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Rick; Cyndi; Serenna and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Sharon's daughter Ashley; Chrissy's cousins; Shirley Jones; Preacher Bill Watts; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; my friend with mesothelioma; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Alex's niece as they await biopsy results; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; and a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer. I pray for: the Long Family, Vickie and her son Jim, and Russ. Thank You for continued strength for Baby Henry and for Alex's brother who was in a car accident! Lord, be with my friend Sandy who awaits surgery today. Thank You for being My Peace! Amen.

No comments: