Sunday, August 14, 2022

Psalm 149; Lamentations 3:22-23; II Timothy 1:7 - "New Today"

Yesterday was such an awesome day! God blessed me in abundance with seeing the sun rise and seeing it set. He blessed me with success in meeting some physical goals. He blessed me with laughter with Cait as we accomplished things at the church. Throughout the night He blessed me with waking me to pray for different people and circumstances including pastors who will be in the pulpit today. One time when I was awake I had a message for prayer for someone who was in a car accident. Another time God brought before me to pray for a friend who is having surgery tomorrow. Each time I was awake the song "New Today" that Micah Tyler sings was on my mind. 

That Your mercies are new today
Your mercies are new today
I can rest on Your shoulders
There is grace to start over
Your mercies are new today

Yes! It does not matter what happened yesterday or what is ahead today. God is here for us ready to give us a 'clean slate' for today. He is ready to cleanse us as we allow Him to do so. We do not have to live in the 'what if I would have done this or not done that' but instead allow Him to live in and through us. I shared with Cait yesterday how this week has brought about some different things in ministry. I am thankful God is with me every step of the way to know how to react to things out of the norm and what to say when presented with opposition. Last Sunday night's sermon focused on praising Him. It has been so cool to have so many things to praise Him for throughout this week. It was like He started off my week with that sermon to show me I have much to praise Him for in life.  One of those things is where He has me. Beautiful Beaufort is paradise on earth. This week I was blessed with seeing sun rises and sunsets. I was blessed with many days of meeting physical goals. I walked beaches and spent time with friends. I heard from God over and over again. A couple times He gave me something to pray for and then had me share it with those I prayed for. When I shared with them, they were blessed which blessed me. He empowered me to get through a 'tough' situation which blessed me in abundance. I have much to praise Him for and for that I am thankful. He took me to Psalm 149 this morning. Matthew Henry wrote of this Psalm:

New mercies continually demand new songs of praise, upon earth and in heaven. And the children of Zion have not only to bless the God who made them, but to rejoice in him, as having created them in Christ Jesus unto good works, and formed them saints as well as men. The Lord takes pleasure in his people; they should rejoice in Him. When the Lord has made sinners feel their wants and unworthiness, he will adorn them with the graces of his Spirit, and cause them to bear his image, and rejoice in his happiness for ever. Let his saints employ their waking hours upon their beds in songs of praise. Let them rejoice, even upon the bed of death, assured that they are going to eternal rest and glory.

I need to get better at praising Him. He will be blessed as I praise Him. When I climbed to the top of the tower at the Sands one morning this week, I praised Him for mobility I have to do so. As I experience the beauty of His creation I praise Him for having clear vision. When He gives me opportunity to bless people at the waterfront by taking their picture, I praise Him for having me here. I praise Him for my church family who love on me so well. I stand upon II Timothy 1:7 to be empowered instead of fearful yet there is still emotion involved as I await my mammogram. I shared with Cait how I don't know how I would get through another bout of cancer without Doc. I leaned so heavy on him when I went through it before. She voiced 'we' as in my church family would get through it. I know I am stronger spiritually today than I was then and praise God for that knowledge. I praise Him for loving me so well and allowing me to experience His love in some mighty big ways. I am reminded this morning of Lamentations 3:22-23. It reads in the English Standard VersionThe steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; Hs mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness. Praise His Holy Name!

Dear Jesus, Thank You for Your love, mercy, and grace! Thank You for all of the blessings of this last week and the ones ahead in the coming week! I pray for pastors who will be sharing what You have given them today. I pray for myself to articulate what You have given me in a way people will accept and embrace it. Cleanse me so You can fill me with more of You. May You flow from my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray for a friend in a car accident over night to receive Your peace. I pray that same peace be with many going through difficult days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Beth; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Rhonda; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Rick; Cyndi; Serenna and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Sharon's daughter Ashley; Chrissy's cousins; Shirley Jones; Preacher Bill Watts; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; my friend with mesothelioma; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Alex's niece as they await biopsy results; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; and a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer. I pray for: the Long Family, Vickie and her son Jim, and Russ. Thank You for continued strength for Baby Henry and for Alex's brother who was in a car accident! Lord, be with my friend Sandy who awaits surgery tomorrow. Thank You for being My Mercy Maker! Amen.

No comments: