Wednesday, August 3, 2022

Isaiah 54:10 "Heart of God"

This morning God has me pondering on how I can be more intentional to love people who are not in relationship with Him. How can I share His love with those who may not want anything to do with Him? How can I show them what they are missing in life? Sometimes it doesn't take words at all but instead just living out a life for Him. As people see me living through turmoil with peace they will question how that is possible. When people see a smile on my face even in the midst of troubles, they will want what I have. It may not happened over night but I need to be more intentional in being a living example of Christ on this earth. Not in the sense that I am perfect or can do everything for them but in the sense that I can love with unconditional love. I can listen with judgement and give sound advice that comes from God. I am reminded this morning of a song Zach Williams sings called "Heart of God." 

I know you're hurting
I can see it in your eyes
So, pull back the curtain
And take off your disguise
Whoever told you
Ain't worth the fight
The cross tells a story
That'll change your mind

There are so many people hurting that need the love of God poured down over them. We, as believers, have the supernatural ability to do so as we allow God to work in and through us. God desires us to love on people with a kind of love they can only experience from Him. I was reading about what Zach Williams said when they were writing this song. “When I think about who Jesus is, the first thing that comes to my mind is love,” the singer offers. “Love is the true identity of who He is. It doesn’t matter where you’ve been; it doesn’t matter what you’ve done or what you’re going through in your life. God loves you. He’s going to give you another chance. He’s going to keep fighting for you. And for me, that’s the true heart of God.” Those are some powerful words to ponder upon. He loves us with His whole heart. I was sharing something yesterday about how His love is greater than anything the enemy puts before us. I am thankful for that knowledge. I also am thankful for His love that is with me on the mountains and in the valleys of life. This picture I took yesterday on a walk shows the reflection of the clouds in the lake. It reminds me that I need to be a reflection of God each and every day.

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for providing birthday money to shop for some new clothes! Thank You for Marion having a 'good' day and for Your words in Isaiah 54:10 that remind me of Your love! Cleanse me so You can fill me. I want to be who You desire me to be and can only do so when You empower me. I pray Your peace over: My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Beth; Nancy; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Rhonda; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Rick; Simone; Cyndi; Serenna and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Sharon's daughter Ashley; Chrissy's cousins; Shirley Jones; Preacher Bill Watts; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; my friend with mesothelioma; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Alex's niece; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; and a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer. I pray for: the Long Family, Vickie and her son Jim, Clay's cousin who was in a motorcycle accident, and Russ. Thank You for continued strength for Baby Henry! I also pray protection over Donna's grandmother and others evacuated in Kentucky floods. I pray for all medical personnel to have Your wisdom with Clay and Andy's procedures today. Thank You for being My Loving Father! Amen.

No comments: