Sunday, August 28, 2022

I Peter 5:7 - "American Dream"

As I stood watching the sun set last night I once again was in awe of God's artistry. I thought about yesterday as Cait and I traveled back from the campground. We saw rolling hills with cows, beautiful goldenrod that put me into a full blown allergy attack, the sun shining down and then driving through torrential rain with thunder and lightning, When I took my shoes off last night and walked out into the water, I felt the sand under my feet and thought about how blessed I am. God blesses me every day in so many ways. He blesses me with good friends and laughter. He blesses me with a church family who love me greatly. The blessings He gives me each and every day are too numerous to count. I was thinking about an old song called "American Dream" this morning. There are so many people chasing after the ways of the world and missing out on what God has for them. They are seeking wealth and prosperity instead of realizing God has all they need. 

And he works and he builds with his own two hands
And he pours all he has in a castle made with sand
But the wind and the rain are comin' crashing in
Time will tell just how long his kingdom stands
His kingdom stand..

God's kingdom is what I desire. I desire to live in His presence on this earth so I can live with Him for eternity. I know the more I seek Him on this earth the more I will realize what He has for me. I do not have to fear the days ahead because He is in control. I also do not have to fall apart over decisions that need made because He will give me His wisdom. His peace is available at all time as I allow Him to wash down over me. Every time I am at the beach I am reminded His love is greater than the grains of sand I see on the shore and those I feel under my feet in the water. Last night seeing the ghost and horseshoe crabs, the dolphin swimming, and the different kinds of birds were a blessing that showed me God loves me. I so love being out in nature and needed  to experience a sunset after having many nights of not having the opportunity to do so. He knows what I need and provides. I continue to stand upon many Scripture and am blessed with knowing God is in control no matter what is ahead. As the calendar gets closer to September the countdown for my mammogram continues. I try to not think about it yet it is always in the back of my mind. I have talked with many breast cancer survivors who have shared they do the same thing. I have faith God will take care of me. I trust Him in knowing He is with me. So with my relationship with Him being as it is why do I still fret? I am human. Life can be 'messy' but it does not have to be overwhelming. I just need to trust God and allow Him to work in and through it. 

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for the beauty of Your creation that enables me to experience Your love to a greater depth! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. I pray for Your words to flow from me as I preach today and Your love to always flow from me. I pray the same for all pastors who will be in the pulpit this morning. I pray Your peace over many people going through difficult days. I pray against my Momma being lonely and ask for You to put her on people's hearts to visit or call her today. I pray peace over: my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Beth; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Rhonda; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sandy; Rick; Cyndi; Serenna and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Sharon's daughter Ashley; Chrissy's cousins; Shirley Jones; Preacher Bill Watts; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; my friend with mesothelioma; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Alex's niece; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; and Sue Danhoff's husband HarvI pray for: the Long Family, Vickie and her son Jim, Becky, Ken, and Russ. Thank You for continued strength for Baby Henry, Alex's brother who was in a car accident, and Carolyn's family! Thank You for being My Life! Amen.

No comments: