Thursday, August 25, 2022

Ecclesiastes 7:14; Hebrews 11:3 - "All The Broken Pieces"


Matthew West sings a song called "All The Broken Pieces" that is on my mind this morning. We all have 'broken pieces' in our life. Decisions made out of God's will, people we allow in our life, etc. all cause 'broken pieces.' Thankfully we have God to put everything in place as it should be. But we have to allow Him to take care of things. We have to allow Him to be control over our life. This morning God took me to the book of Ecclesiastes to remind me that He is here to be in charge of my 'good' days and my 'tough' days. God brought this picture before me yesterday which reminded me of a 'good' day that I spent with a friend at Hunting Island for a pre-celebration of my birthday. It was a day to walk in God's beauty and enjoy His handiwork. My favorite place to be is with a friend in God's nature. This particular day we could feel the warmth of the sun shining down on us but most importantly the Son was shining down on us. It is easy to get caught up in His peace in such times. But not every day can be like this because we have to take the 'good' and the 'tough' days together to stretch our faith. Last night in Bible study there was a verse that stuck out to me. Hebrews 11:3 reads in The Passion TranslationFaith empowers us to see that the universe was created and beautifully coordinated  by the power of God’s words! He spoke and the invisible realm gave birth to all that is seen. I shared about how being out in His creation is where I love to be. As I walk I pray. As I see the beauty of His creation I praise Him. I am learning not only more about myself but about Him every day. In the song this morning there is a part that speaks volumes to me... 

'Cause I can take even your greatest mistake
Every scar, every tear, every break
And I can turn it into something
More beautiful than you have ever seen

God wants to take our 'broken pieces' and put them back together for His glory. He does not keep track of our wrongs when we repent and allow Him to cleanse us. Instead He gives us a clean slate to do life. He gives us gifts to open every day to enjoy. I like what Adam Clarke says of this verse:

When ye receive these temporal gifts from God, enjoy them, and be thankful to the Giver: but remember, this sunshine will not always last. God has balanced prosperity and adversity against each other; and were it not so, how many would put the former in the place of God himself!

Each day is a gift to be opened. It is a gift that we can choose to enjoy or beat ourselves up over the decisions of yesterday. It is a gift that can be realized by all who will allow God to be their King of Kings and Lord of Lords. Sometimes when we open a gift it is something we may not want yet we accept it. Sometimes such gifts are truly what we need even when we do not think so. No matter what, every gift from God needs to be cherished. As I begin the day ahead I am ready to open it as a gift of unknown. I know what is on the schedule but I do not know the particulars because God is the Only One to know such things. May He be glorified through me today.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the gift of yesterday and the gift of the day ahead! I pray as I unwrap the day You will be glorified through me. Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. I pray Your peace over many going through difficult days. May all lean into You and realize the gift of the day ahead. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Beth; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Rhonda; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sandy; Rick; Cyndi; Serenna and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Sharon's daughter Ashley; Chrissy's cousins; Shirley Jones; Preacher Bill Watts; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; my friend with mesothelioma; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Alex's niece; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; and Sue Danhoff's husband HarvI pray for: the Long Family, Vickie and her son Jim, Becky, Ken, and Russ. Thank You for continued strength for Baby Henry, Alex's brother who was in a car accident, and Carolyn's family! Thank You for being My Gift Giver! Amen.

No comments: