Thursday, August 18, 2022

Romans 8:28-30; Jeremiah 33:3 - "Fill My Cup"


On the way home from church last night I wondered if I could get any pictures of the sunset so I drove through town and pulled into the waterfront. God blessed me in abundance with various pictures but this one I do believe is my favorite. As I stood there in awe of His artistry I thought about how I am to reflect Him. I questioned how well I am doing in reflecting Him and prayed for more of Him so I could do better. He took me to Romans 8 this morning. Paul wrote in the last few verses:

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters. And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified.

I was talking with a friend about a situation that did not turn out as I anticipated. I shared that I was hoping to just go and have fun spending time with friends but instead the situation turned into a counseling session for one going through a tough time. I shared with my friend how I did not expect to 'put on my pastor's hat' but it was OK. They shared with me when we are called to something we need to be able to put on that hat at all time. Wow, what insight! I needed this reminder. Sometimes it is hard to be a pastor in the sense you feel like you are giving, giving, giving of yourself. But when you stop to think about it God called you to the life He has given you. He will provide exactly what is needed to fulfill that call. He woke me this morning once again to the words of "Fill My Cup" going through my mind...

Fill my house up with hoping
Fill my plans up with purpose
Fill my wounds up with healing
Lord, I need you to fill my cup
Fill my days up with meaning
Fill my future with vision
Goodness, grace and provision
Lord, I need you to fill my cup

I could not fulfill God's call upon my life without Him there filling me up every day. These last few weeks with starting my day and ending my day in nature as much as possible has blessed me in abundance. People He has put in my life to encourage me has blessed me in abundance. Last night as I looked at the reflection of the sunset on the water He reminded me I need to bless people the way He blesses me. I need to get better at seeing people He puts before me and bless them as He suggests. I need to allow Him to fill me as He desires. The more I allow Him to be Who He desires in my life the more I will realize fullness in my life. There is one line that I am holding onto from this song. "Fill my future with vision." I continue to pray for God to give me His vision for the church but also for my personal life. He gave me Jeremiah 33:3 in June. I continue to ponder upon this verse and wait for Him to fulfill it. Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know. I know He will reveal the meaning of this in His time. I must wait and continue to seek Him in this waiting room. I must remember Paul's word in Romans 8:28. ...God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. He has called me to not only be His daughter but to be a pastor. He will continue to bless me as I continue to live for Him.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You  for the opportunities You provided yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for loving me so greatly! Thank You for Romans 8:28-30 that reminds me how much You love me and for this song that reminds me You are here filling my cup every day! Thank You for yesterday with my walk at sunrise, my time with Cait and Annabelle shopping, an insightful Bible study, and ending my day at the waterfront with the beautiful sunset! Wow, God! You truly "Fill My Cup" over and over again! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You so I can reflect You. I pray peace and strength over many going through difficult days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Beth; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Rhonda; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sandy; Rick; Cyndi; Serenna and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Sharon's daughter Ashley; Chrissy's cousins; Shirley Jones; Preacher Bill Watts; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; my friend with mesothelioma; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Alex's niece as they await biopsy results; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; and Sue Danhoff's husband HarvI pray for: the Long Family, Vickie and her son Jim, and Russ. Thank You for continued strength for Baby Henry, for Alex's brother who was in a car accident, and Pastor Jason! Lord, be so close to Loraine and her family with their seven year old grandson's open heart surgery today. I also pray for FaDana Schultz's family with their loss. Thank You for being My Cup Filler! Amen.

No comments: