Saturday, August 13, 2022

Psalm 48 - "Fill My Cup"

I woke up multiple times during the night and prayed for many different people and circumstances that need God in some pretty desperate ways. Some need healing for physical issues due to disease, illness, accidents, addiction, etc. Some need healing for emotional issues with broken relationships, baggage from the past, loss of job, etc. Some need healing for financial issues due to loss of income, spending too much, bad money management, etc. The ones that hurt my heart the most are those who need a spiritual healing in their spirit. There are so many people who refuse to allow God to be who He desires to be in their life. They don't want to allow Him to have control. Instead they desire to continue to manipulate circumstances to make things happen as they desire, when they want them. The best way to live is in His will walking in obedience to what He puts before you. When we live in this manner, we will be blessed in abundance. When 'tough' days come, His peace will be there for us. His wisdom will be with us at all time as we allow Him to empower us. Praises will fall off our lips as we go through our day because we will desire to bless Him. At one point in time when I woke He gave me Psalm 48. I read it and went back to sleep. This morning I read it in different versions and loved how it began in The Passion TranslationThere are so many reasons to describe God as wonderful! So many reasons to praise him with unlimited praise! Yes! He gives us reason after reason to praise Him. This picture was taken one day this week when I got out to see the sun rise. What a blessing! That morning He brought to my attention how I am physically functioning because of Him and I praised Him for it. He also brought to my attention that every sun rise is a new beginning. As I think about the day ahead I have a choice to make. I can either do my own thing or allow Him to be in control. When opportunities present themselves for me to love with His love, I can either walk in obedience to Him or not. This morning the song "Fill My Cup" is on my mind. There is a part that goes...

Fill my house up with hoping
Fill my plans up with purpose
Fill my wounds up with healing
Lord, I need you to fill my cup
Fill my days up with meaning
Fill my future with vision
Goodness, grace and provision
Lord, I need you to fill my cup

Yes! This is what I desire in my life. The only way He can fill me is to cleanse me. I desire for Him to have free reign of every aspect of my life.

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the opportunities to love with Your love yesterday! Thank You for my time over coffee with my friend Marilyn and laughter with Carol, Betty, Cait, Nancy, Jo Ann, and Paula! Thank You for the opportunity to share Your love with a new friend! Thank You for another day of life ahead! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. I pray again for those I prayed for throughout the night. May they feel You in a new way today. I pray Your peace over many going through difficult days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Beth; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Rhonda; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Rick; Cyndi; Serenna and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Sharon's daughter Ashley; Chrissy's cousins; Shirley Jones; Preacher Bill Watts; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; my friend with mesothelioma; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Alex's niece as they await biopsy results; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; and a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer. I pray for: the Long Family, Vickie and her son Jim, and Russ. Thank You for continued strength for Baby Henry and for Alex's brother who was in a car accident! Thank You for being My Cup Filler! Amen.

No comments: