Saturday, August 6, 2022

Psalm 37:3-6; Phil 4:13; Exodus 14:14;II Timothy 1:7 - "Love Life"



There is a song Jason Gray sings called "Love Life" that has so much truth in it. I remember soon after I was diagnosed with MS I presented a talk at various women's groups called 'When Life Gives You Lemons, Make Lemonade.' It was about how God is there for you no matter what and He desires to see you succeed in life. His strength is there to get you through the 'tough' days' and His love is available at all time. A friend asked me yesterday how I was doing. I told them I am happy and enjoying life. I also told them I feel guilty at times for the way I feel. I know God is with me and I also know just because of what 2020 and 2021 brought my way He desires me to live in His love. There is a part of this song that goes:

So pour your love into your life
Just like it was holy ground
You will see a world of wonder
That was always waiting to be found

I desire to allow God to work in and through me. He is the best at being with me, guiding me, showing me what He desires of me, etc. The more i live in obedience to walking in His will the more I desire to do so. He constantly reminds me of all Paul went through in life yet he remained joyful. He was in prison yet he praised God. He faced death many times yet his faith did not waiver. There were many times in his life where I am sure he felt like life gave him lemons yet he never gave up. He encouraged people to love God and allow His love to flow from them. I desire to be like Paul. No matter what happens in my life I desire to serve God. Yesterday when I got caught in a downpour while walking to the library I could have been mad but I wasn't. I could have blamed myself for not checking the weather but I didn't. Instead I got under an awning and watched the world go by. As I sat there I thought of times in my teen years when I walked that same street. I thought about different people who were in my life and what a blessing my childhood was to me. Yes there were plenty of lemons thrown into my life but every time they were given God was right there to help me turn them into lemonade. I am reminded of the words in Psalm 37:3-6. They remind me to continue to trust God and allow Him to work in and through me. There is a part that encourages all to fix your heart on the promises of God. I have been reminded this week of His promises in my life and the way He continually fulfills them. When I was going through the MS diagnosis, He gave me Philippians 4:13 which promises strength. When Doc was battling the pancreatic cancer, He gave me II Timothy 1:7 which promises of empowerment over fear. Throughout many times in life He gave me Exodus 14:14 which promises me He is there to fight every battle that comes my way. All I have to do to receive these promises is to stand upon Proverbs 3:5-6. Scripture is key in my life. Reading, studying, and memorizing it is key but the most important aspect of Scripture is to live it out each and every day. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for the privilege to take Momma up to the cemetery! Thank You for getting to see: Pam, June, Glenda, and Janice! Thank You for getting my 'Rickey hugs' and having a meal with Anna, Michael, Matt, Joy, and their families! Thank You for the memories of my childhood! Lord, I pray for a cleansing in my spirit so I can be who You desire me to me. I pray for empowerment to stand upon Your Word so I can do Your will. May I not miss any opportunity You give me in the day ahead. I pray for safety for those traveling for our gathering today and for Your strength for many going through 'tough' days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Beth; Nancy; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Rhonda; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Rick; Cyndi; Serenna and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Sharon's daughter Ashley; Chrissy's cousins; Shirley Jones; Preacher Bill Watts; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; my friend with mesothelioma; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Alex's niece; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; and a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer. I pray for: the Long Family, Vickie and her son Jim, Clay's cousin who was in a motorcycle accident, and Russ. Thank You for continued strength for Baby Henry! I also pray protection over Donna's grandmother and others evacuated in Kentucky floods. Thank You for being My Life Giver! Amen.

No comments: