Thursday, August 4, 2022

Hebrews 10:36; 12:1-3 - "My God Is Still The Same"

I so enjoy our Wednesday night Adult Bible Study. It is full of insight, time with friends, laughter, etc. Last night we were in Hebrews 10. Verse thirty-six is a treasure for me. This particular section is about perseverance with this verse encouraging us to persevere while we walk in the will of God. When we do, we will receive what He has promised. His ultimate promise is that of eternal life with Him. Throughout life God gives us promises while on the mountains and in the valleys. He promises us protection in Psalm 91. He promises us empowerment over fear in II Timothy 1:7. He promises to never leave us in Hebrews 13:5. He promises to fight the battles before us in Exodus 14:14. He promises to provide His strength for us in Philippians 4:13. He promises to fill us with joy in James 1:2-4. I shared last night how God gives us promises as a corporate body of believers but He also gives us personal promises. He has continued to promise me all these things over the last two years. Protection, to never leave me, empowerment, Him to fight the battles before me, joy in my spirit, and His strength. These promises have been very personal to me on this road of widowhood. I have embraced them over and over again. Last night after church I met a new friend who showed me his critters. He has a mini farm with dogs, bunnies, chickens, and quail. He is a retired Marine with health issues who is very proud of his life. As we walked around his backyard looking at everything I was thinking about how much of a blessing the time of meeting him was to me. I thought about how I could have missed out on the experience so easily because of being too busy or too tired or whatever excuse that came out. Instead I enjoyed an hour of watching this man share his life with me. Eating my first kumquat would have been missed. Enjoying two fresh figs off the tree would have been missed. Allowing someone into my life as they shared their life would have been missed. I prayed during that hour that I would sow seeds for Jesus with him and his wife. God was keeping His promises to me last night. It was another time of restoration of joy in me. Laughing is soothing for my soul and is something God is providing frequently as I allow Him. His love is lavished down upon me as I continue to walk in obedience to the will of God. I woke up with a song Sanctus Real sings called "My God Is Still The Same" and was so blessed.

When did He break His promise?
When did His kindness fail?
Never has, never will
My God is still the same
When did He lose His power?
When did His mercy change?
Never has, never will
My God is still the same, yeah
My God is still the same

He never breaks His promises and for that I am grateful. We may stray from His will but He never gives up on us. Woo hoo! We must stay focused on Him throughout this life on earth so we can spend eternity with Him. I love the words of Hebrews 12:1-3...

Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.

Run with perseverance...fixing our eyes on Jesus. When we do this we will not grow weary and lose heart. This is the way to live. It is way I strive to live every day and pray for others to do the same.

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for a great Bible study last night and then the time of meeting Andy's father! Lord, You are so good to keep Your promises! I am one blessed lady and desire to embrace each and every one found in Your Word. Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You ooze out of my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts in a mighty way. I pray protection over my day of travel but most of all I pray for opportunities to show Your love to all I meet. I pray for perseverance for those going through 'tough' times. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Beth; Nancy; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Rhonda; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Rick; Simone; Cyndi; Serenna and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Sharon's daughter Ashley; Chrissy's cousins; Shirley Jones; Preacher Bill Watts; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; my friend with mesothelioma; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Alex's niece; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; and a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer. I pray for: the Long Family, Vickie and her son Jim, Clay's cousin who was in a motorcycle accident, and Russ. Thank You for continued strength for Baby Henry! I also pray protection over Donna's grandmother and others evacuated in Kentucky floods. Thank You for being with Clay and Andy during procedures yesterday. Thank You for being My Promise Keeper! Amen.

No comments: