Friday, August 26, 2022

Psalm 23:2b-3; I Thessalonians 5:16-18 - "My Jesus"

Anne Wilson's song "My Jesus" is going through my mind this morning. There are so many hurting people in this world. Some know the Lord while others do not. It is the responsibility of all believers to share Him. 

Are you past the point of weary?
Is your burden weighin' heavy?
Is it all too much to carry?
Let me tell you 'bout my Jesus
Do you feel that empty feeling?
'Cause shame's done all its stealin'
And you're desperate for some healin'
Let me tell you 'bout my Jesus

If we do not share Him, how will people get to know Him? If we keep Him to ourselves, we are missing out on great blessings. There is nothing better than sharing Him. Seeing people receive a physical, mental, emotional, and most of all spiritual healing is the best. The song continues with words everyone needs to not only hear but believe.

He makes a way where there ain't no way
Rises up from an empty grave
Ain't no sinner that He can't save
Let me tell you 'bout my Jesus
His love is strong and His grace is free
And the good news is I know that He
Can do for you what He's done for me
Let me tell you 'bout my Jesus
And let my Jesus change your life

There is nothing we can do that is so bad that Jesus will not accept us with open arms. His love is greater than any 'bad' thing we can do in life. His grace is sufficient for all. He desires to be in relationship with us and will guide us through difficult days so our faith will grow. His love is all we need. His love enables us to enjoy life even in the midst of turmoil. His love is the soothing balm all can receive as we go through losses in life, loneliness, chaos, etc. Sometimes life can be overwhelming but God is always there to pick up the pieces and give peace. Praise His Holy Name! This morning I think of Paul and how many of his days were spent imprisoned for living out his faith. He never stopped doing as God desired of Him. Some days I feel imprisoned by circumstances yet I cannot give up being who God desires of me. Some days the choices I make are not the best yet I must continue on seeking what God desires of me. Some days I feel like I miss things He puts before me yet I know God does not give up on me. Some days are harder than others yet I am thankful He is always here for me. Paul's words in I Thessalonians 5:16-18 come to my mind this morning.  Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. No matter what comes before me today I need to remember these words. He will bless me with His peace as I do.

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for: Darrell walking with me, my visit with my friend Sierra, my visit to drop off lunch to Timmy and his crew, my time with Marion, and spending the evening with friends! What a blessing Laurie is in my life as she walks in obedience to what You have given her to do. Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. I pray for safety for all traveling for the pastor's gathering and for a renewal in our spirits, I pray for the doctors of two who are having surgery to have Your wisdom. I also pray for many going through difficult days to remember Paul's words in I Thessalonians 5:16-18. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Beth; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Rhonda; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sandy; Rick; Cyndi; Serenna and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Sharon's daughter Ashley; Chrissy's cousins; Shirley Jones; Preacher Bill Watts; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; my friend with mesothelioma; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Alex's niece; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; and Sue Danhoff's husband HarvI pray for: the Long Family, Vickie and her son Jim, Becky, Ken, and Russ. Thank You for continued strength for Baby Henry, Alex's brother who was in a car accident, and Carolyn's family! Thank You for the birth of little Ethan to Katlynn and Larry! Thank You for being 'My Jesus'! Amen.

No comments: