Monday, August 29, 2022

Psalm 18 - "Your Name Is Power"


Yesterday was another beautiful day in my little world. God sure does outdo Himself with the beauty of His creation. As I was playing in the waves I looked up to see the most beautiful sky. I was enthralled by all of what I experienced. Hearing the waves crash, seeing the magnificent sky, feeling the sand under my feet, tasting the saltiness of the water on my mouth, and smelling the sea air made for a perfect afternoon. This morning God woke me with a song Rend Collective sings called "Your Name Is Power" and I was blessed in the knowledge that comes from this song.

You're the only answer to the darkness
You're the only right among the wrong
You're the only hope among the chaos
You are the voice that calls me on
Louder than every lie
Our sword in every fight
The truth will chase away the night

Yes! We can call upon the name of Jesus at any time and He is there for us. When life feels like it is out-of-control, He is there to give us exactly what we need. Psalm 18 speaks of God being there for David and He will be there for us in the 'good' and 'bad' days of life. When life gets messy, He is there to love us through such times. Yesterday as the waves were crashing around there were times I struggled to keep standing and sometimes went down into the water. Life can be described as such. We can experience times when we fall but God is there to pick us up. There are times when we feel like the earth is being taken out from under us yet God is always there for us. I am so thankful for this knowledge and pray for more people to get to the point of understanding it.

Dear Jesus, Thank You for all the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for the beauty of Your creation and the things You bring before me through it! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You ooze out of my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today in a mighty way. I pray for Kim, Christy, and Becky who had family members who took their last breath on earth in the last few days. May You be their comfort. I pray Your peace over them and over others going through difficult days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Beth; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Rhonda; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sandy; Rick; Cyndi; Serenna and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Sharon's daughter Ashley; Chrissy's cousins; Shirley Jones; Preacher Bill Watts; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; my friend with mesothelioma; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Alex's niece; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; and Sue Danhoff's husband HarvI pray for: the Long Family, Vickie and her son Jim, Becky, Ken, and Russ. Thank You for continued strength for Baby Henry, Alex's brother who was in a car accident, and Carolyn's family! Thank You for being My Light! Amen.

No comments: