Monday, August 8, 2022

Psalm 113:3 - "Thank You"

Wow, God! What a blessing He is to me! Yesterday was a day where I could have become crabby so fast but He kept me in check. Getting a text from Tim that he couldn’t take me to the airport started off my day on the ‘wrong’ foot. After multiple attempts asking those on my ‘list’ to take me I was beginning to wonder if I would find someone. Thankfully June was available. We had such an awesome conversation on the way to the airport. It was definitely a ‘God moment’ for us to have that time. When I was going through security at the airport, my bag was pulled and rescanned. I knew I didn’t have anything in it that wasn’t allowed so wondered what was going on. I chucked as I waited and thought of the couple pieces of chocolate covered bacon I had from Colleen. Maybe the scanners wanted to try them…lol. Once through there I went on to wait on my flight and wait I did. It was delayed due to another jet being in our spot at the gate. As I was sitting there I kept thinking ‘I have to preach tonight…these people need to get moving.’ Finally got loaded only to sit and wait. We didn’t know why we were waiting but when the pilot said we were waiting on a mechanic I began to wonder if I would get home at all let alone in time to preach. Once again, the waiting seemed to last forever. I knew the time had passed on the window of being home on time. It was so cool how God gave me His peace. I was disappointed but I was not upset. The broadcast would happen when it happened. In God’s time. I was a little over an hour late but it happened. I was blessed to have Pastor Doug and Nancy from Willard there. We had such a nice visit afterward. Once again, God blessed me. He blessed me yesterday morning as I was at peace with knowing Pastor Cait had everything taken care of. When I left my Momma, I was at peace with knowing she was ‘ok’ with me leaving. God’s peace is perfect. The only way to live in His peace is to live in His empowerment. This morning before meeting a friend for breakfast I had some extra time so I took some pictures. The beauty of God's creation is a blessing to me every day. I am not normally out and about early but as I took pictures I told myself I need to do this more often. Wow, God! I am reminded of the song "Thank You" that Ben Rector sings.

Thanks for the sunrise
Thanks for the night sky...
And thanks for the weekend
Thanks for a good friend
Thanks for in the high life again
Makes me feel alive

Yes! I am thankful for all the blessings God gives me everyday. In my sermon last night I spoke about how we need to praise Him. I do praise Him but I also know I need to praise Him more! I need to be more intentional in praising Him no matter what circumstances I find myself in throughout the day.

Dear Jesus, Thank You for a wonderful weekend with family and for the peace You provided in the waiting times coming home! Thank You for Pastor Doug and Nancy's visit and for Pastor Cait taking care of things yesterday while I was away! Thank You for the beauty of Your creation which blesses me in abundance! Thank You for going before me today and giving me exactly what I need to live in the manner You so desire! Cleanse me so You can fill me with more of You. I pray for Your peace over many. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Beth; Nancy; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Rhonda; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Rick; Cyndi; Serenna and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Sharon's daughter Ashley; Chrissy's cousins; Shirley Jones; Preacher Bill Watts; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; my friend with mesothelioma; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Alex's niece; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; and a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer. I pray for: the Long Family, Vickie and her son Jim, and Russ. Thank You for continued strength for Baby Henry! Thank You for being My Perfect Peace! Amen.

No comments: