Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Psalm 118 - "New Today"


The Lord woke me to pray Psalm 118 over those going through 'tough' days. He also woke me with the song "New Today" with the reminder that yesterday is gone and the day ahead is a new day. We cannot change what we did or said yesterday but we can be intentional with what we do or say today. Psalm 118 reminds us that God's love is there for us at all time. It reminds us to trust God no matter what is happening in our little world. Things may seem like they are falling apart but God has every situation in His hands. When we feel like we cannot go any longer, His strength is there to carry us through. When we feel like God is not answering our prayers, we must wait on His timing. When life is confusing and chaotic, we must lean into His peace. He is the perfect answer to all that happens in life. This song goes...

Help me rise like the morning sun
Help me see that Your works not done
When I'm less than what I want to be
Lord, I need You to keep reminding me

Your mercies are new today
Your mercies are new today
I can rest on Your shoulders
There is grace to start over
Your mercies are new today

Praise His Holy Name for this realization! I am so thankful for another day of life that is ahead. I am really grateful the 'junk' of yesterday is no longer. It may still be in the mind but I do not have to live in it. God is ready to wipe my slate clean and give me a new day to enjoy. He is ready to bless me in abundance as I allow Him. I am praying for so many people who are hurting in the depth of their soul. I pray they will realize His love, mercy, and grace in a deeper way than ever before. I like what Matthew Henry writes of this Psalm.

Let this Saviour be my Saviour, my Ruler. Let my soul prosper and be in health, in that peace and righteousness which his government brings. Let me have victory over the lusts that war against my soul; and let Divine grace subdue my heart. The duty which the Lord has made, brings light with it, true light. The duty this privilege calls for, is here set forth; the sacrifices we are to offer to God in gratitude for redeeming love, are ourselves; not to be slain upon the altar, but living sacrifices, to be bound to the altar; spiritual sacrifices of prayer and praise, in which our hearts must be engaged. The psalmist praises God, and calls upon all about him to give thanks to God for the glad tidings of great joy to all people, that there is a Redeemer, even Christ the Lord. In him the covenant of grace is made sure and everlasting.

No matter what is happening in our little world it is key to praise God through it. We will have victory over the antics of the enemy by praising God. We will realize His love, mercy, and grace to a deeper degree through praising Him. Woo hoo!

Dear Jesus, My heart breaks for so many people going through 'tough' days. I pray they will realize Your love, mercy, and grace in a new way in the day ahead. Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for my time with Marion and for the volunteer who took my Momma to get her haircut yesterday! Thank You for cleansing me so You can fill me! Thank You for reminding me to praise You no matter what is happening in life! I pray for those going through difficult days to have this same reminder. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Beth; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Rhonda; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sandy; Rick; Cyndi; Serenna and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Sharon's daughter Ashley; Chrissy's cousins; Shirley Jones; Preacher Bill Watts; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; my friend with mesothelioma; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Alex's niece as they await biopsy results; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; and Sue Danhoff's husband HarvI pray for: the Long Family, Vickie and her son Jim, Becky, Ken, and Russ. Thank You for continued strength for Baby Henry, Alex's brother who was in a car accident, and Carolyn's family! Thank You for being My Faithful Love! Amen.

No comments: