Monday, August 1, 2022

Jeremiah 33:3 - "Good Lord"


Woo hoo! Today is the day to celebrate God putting me on this earth! Doc always said I was one of the few people he knew who stretched out a birthday from one day to a whole month. I started Saturday celebrating and will continue as long as I can. I am thankful for the life God gave me. There are some who think I am crazy in saying that with all the grief and pain that has been a part of my sixty-one years of life. The only reason I can is because of God's love. He loves me so much that He gave His Only Son to die and come back to life for me. His love is showered upon me every day as He gives me His wisdom, peace, and joy. As I reflect on the past year it once again had a great loss with my Rickey dying. It was a year of hurts and disappointments but it was also a year of joy. It was a year where dreams came into reality and God showed Himself in abundance. In June He gave me Jeremiah 33:3 which gives me great anticipation for what is ahead. I am excited to be living as His daughter and strive to walk in His will every day of my life. This morning He woke me with the song "Good Lord" and once again blessed me in abundance.

I may not know what tomorrow holds
But I know one thing for sure
Good Lord, I got a good Lord
Every day, every step of the way it's You who opened the door
Good Lord, I got a good Lord

Yes! He continues to open doors for me in my church life and in my personal life. He continues to direct me as I allow Him. I am so grateful for the way He speaks to me through songs, Scripture, other people, His nature, etc. Once again last night as I watched the sun set I thought of how He was with me every moment of the day and was going to be with me in the days to come. I was able to share the sun set last night with my 'church Annabelle' who was with me for a sleepover to celebrate our birthdays. She loves the fact that we share a birthday and I love celebrating her. God blesses me in abundance with my church family. Being far away from my family is hard especially on special days like today. I am grateful for each and every person who loves on me. I also am grateful for the way my 'Good Lord' cares for me. I may not know what tomorrow holds is so true but I do not fear anything that is ahead because He is with me. His love, mercy, and grace are key to my life. I know what is on the calendar for the next year but I do not know everything and that is ok. God does and that is all that matters. The more I allow Him to be my King of Kings and Lord of Lords the more I will be empowered to be the godly woman He desires me to be.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for today and for the opportunity to celebrate with my 'church Annabelle'! Thank You for my church family who love on me well! Thank You for another day of life which I have before me to be who You have called me to be! I pray for opportunities to love with Your love and for people to be responsive to Your love. Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You ooze out of my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts in a mighty way today. I continue to pray for those who are going through tough days to receive Your peace. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Beth; Nancy; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Rhonda; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Simone; Cyndi; Serenna and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Sharon's daughter Ashley; Chrissy's cousins; Shirley Jones; Preacher Bill Watts; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; my friend with mesothelioma; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Alex's niece; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; and a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer. I pray for: the Long Family, Vickie and her son Jim, Clay's cousin who was in a motorcycle accident, and Russ. Thank You for continued strength for Baby Henry! I pray continued healing for Kim, Rick, Pastor Ted, Cindy, and Justin Hillman as they recuperate from surgeries. I also pray protection over Donna's grandmother and others evacuated in Kentucky floods. Thank You for being My Good Lord! Amen.

No comments: