Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Zephaniah 3:17 - "When We Fall Apart"

I am so thankful God is in my life. Yesterday was 'one of those days' where I cried as one thing after another happened. Not only were there tears but there were words crying out to God to help me through everything happening. The day was just too much. I just wanted to go to bed and cover up my head. In fact, that's what I did. I cancelled being in class last night, took a bubble bath, and ended up in bed early. One of the times I woke up I saw Lysa TerKeurst's words from Cait...

In case yesterday was hard... can I interrupt your scroll to just whisper a simple but kind-of profound reality? Friend, you got through it. And some days, just the getting through is an epic display of grit and courage and healing. I’m so proud of you. And, if no one else has told you how much you’re loved today, your eternal Father will.

Praise His Holy Name for friends who encouraged me throughout the day to lean into Him. Praise His Holy Name for His wisdom when to stop last night. Praise His Holy Name for the cuddles from Miss Lilly when I needed them so badly. Praise His Holy Name for the encouragement from Rickey from across the miles. I have much to praise Him for. I was reminded of Ryan Stevenson's song "When We Fall Apart" yesterday. 

It's ok to cry...It's ok to fall apart...You don't have to try...To be strong when you are not...And it may take sometime to make sense of all your thoughts...But don't ever fight your tears...'Cause there is freedom in every drop...Sometimes the only way to heal a broken heart is when we fall apart

Praise His Holy Name for tears that cleanse. So many tears fell yesterday and that was OK. In Zephaniah 3 we read about sin being a part of life and the hold sin has on people. When we allow God to be our King of Kings and Lord of Lords sin no longer has that effect on us. The more we strive to be Christ-like, the more we will be Christ-like. Matthew Henry wrote:

Many are the troubles of the righteous, but they may rejoice in God's love. Surely our hearts should honour the Lord, and rejoice in him, when we hear such words of condescension and grace. If now kept from his ordinances, it is our trial and grief; but in due time we shall be gathered into his temple above. The glory and happiness of the believer will be perfect, unchangeable, and eternal, when he is freed from earthly sorrows, and brought to heavenly bliss.

Eternal life with Christ is the desire of my heart. The 'junk' of this world will try to pull me away from God but the enemy has no place in my life. My God is greater than anything that happens. My God gives me victory over days like yesterday.

Dear Jesus, Thank You for Your love that wrapped around me yesterday! Thank You for all who encouraged me throughout the day! Thank You for my Momma's surgery going well, Carrington's doing the retaining wall, and another day of life ahead to love with Your love! Cleanse me so You can fill me with more of You. May You ooze out of my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts in a mighty way. May people see/hear You instead of me. Lord, thank You for the wisdom to stop last night. Thank You for the way You direct me and put people in my path like Miss Lilly with her hugs yesterday that were so needed and Rickey who encourages me so greatly! Lord, I know my faith is stretched through days like yesterday but I pray the day ahead is not like that. If it is, give me what I need to not just get through it but to glorify You in the process! Lord, I also pray for many going through 'tough' days to feel Your peace. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Ben and Colleen; Ben; Little Ivy and her family; my high school friend Jack as he is discharged from the hospital; another high school friend going through medical testing; Jack and Paula; Chrissy; Melanie; and so many others. Lord, be greater than the hurts of life. Thank You Father for being My Mighty One! Amen.

No comments: