Thursday, June 24, 2021

Psalm 6 - "I Know"


The Lord took me to Psalm 6 this morning. As I read it, He reminded me of so many people who needed reminded He is with them even when it feels like He is not. There are times He allows us to go through 'tough' times to stretch our faith. Even in our darkest hours He is there for us. Big Daddy Weave's song I Know is in my heart this morning as the tears fall for all the people I know who are not in relationship with God.

I know that You are good
I know that You are kind
I know that You are so much more
Than what I leave behind
I know that I am loved
I know that I am safe
Cause even in the fire to live is Christ, to die is gain
I know that You are good
You are good
I know

On my darkest day
From my deepest pain
Through it all, my heart, will choose to sing Your praise

David cried out in Psalm 6 to God asking Him how long he would be in the mess he was living. We all get to the point where we wonder 'how long?' or 'when will this ever end?' Thankfull when we are in relationship with God, we have the assurance of His love getting us through such times. We have hope in knowing we will live with Him for eternity in heaven when we live for Him on this earth. Once again the tears are falling for all those not in relationship with Him. I do not understand how people get through life without Him. I would be a basket case if I did not have Him to lean into. I am so thankful for the way He takes my faith deeper through such times. David cried out to God asking 'how long' his circumstances would last in verses one through three. He speaks of not only having physical issues but also how those issues are affecting his entire being. When I struggle with MS issues, I struggle mentally and emotionally as well as physically. When the MS tingling increases, it drives me crazy to the point where I feel like I can't go on. Sometimes I wonder 'why?' but I always come back to the same conclusion. God is with me and I will come out of such times stronger than before. Praise His Holy Name! Many times I felt as David in verses four through seven. I felt like God had left me but I always know that is not true. The enemy tries to get me to believe such things but I refuse to give him an open door into my life. David shows how he told the enemy to leave him alone in verses eight through ten. Psalm 6 is one to pray when we feel like God has left us. It is one to pray when the 'tough' days keep coming one after another. God is there for us at all time. Once again my heart breaks for those who refuse to comprehend this. It breaks for those who refuse to allow God into their life. Life is not a 'bed of roses' when God is in it but it is easier to handle such times. If everything were perfect, we would not need Him nor would our faith grow. We have to experience the 'tough' times to grow stronger in Him. 

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the opportunities You gave me yesterday to love with Your love and for the ones ahead in this day! Thank You for taking me through 'tough days' and bringing me out on the other side stronger than ever before! Father, cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You ooze out of my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts in a mighty way today. May people see/hear You instead of me. My heart breaks this morning for so many people but especially those who do not lean into You. I am so thankful for those who know You and allow You to work in and through them. I am grateful for the way You direct my life and stretch my faith through 'tough' times. I am grateful for the way You encourage me through people, Scripture, music, etc. Thank You Jesus for bringing Rickey into my life who encourages me to keep on allowing You to guide my steps! Thank You for being with so many going through 'tough' times! I pray they will experience Your strength and peace today in a new, different way. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Ben; Ben and Colleen; Melanie; four friends with career decisions/issues; Jack and Paula; Karol and Owen; Trish; Elizabeth; Larry Strasbaugh and his family; Glenda; my high school friend Jack; my new friend in Hospice care; Pastor Scott; Pastor Michael; Pastor Sammy; and so many others needing an extra dose of Your strength today. Thank You for being My Empowerment! Amen.

No comments: