Monday, June 21, 2021

Matthew 7:24-27 - "With Lifted Hands" "Build My Life"


Last night when I woke up to a storm I thought about the Scripture in Matthew about how we need to build our life on the Right Foundation. As the thunder and lightning continued I thought about how many storms in life seem to continue on forever. What we must remember is forever is a lifetime. Our forever can be spent in heaven with God for eternity or it can be spent in hell. We have the choice to make on where we will spend our forever. There will be times in life when we feel like the rains will never stop but they will. There will be times when we feel like our whole world is moving but when we are grounded in Christ it really is not. There will be times when we feel like we are drowning but as long as we hold onto our Life Saver we will be fine. Jesus' words in Matthew 7:24-27 give clear direction. It reads in The Passion Translation

“Everyone then who hears these words of mine and does them will be like a wise man who built his house on the rock. And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house, but it did not fall, because it had been founded on the rock. And everyone who hears these words of mine and does not do them will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand. And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell, and great was the fall of it.”

Jesus wants us to see that it is our choice on how we live. We can either be like the foolish man or the wise man. It is important to remember these words in our daily life no matter what happens. I was thinking this morning about the words to "With Lifted Hands" as I thought about the week ahead.

With every heartbeat in my chest
Lord I surrender all that I have
The days yet to come
The days in the past
I'm giving you all I am
With lifted hands

These words speak volumes to me as I think about the week ahead. The Lord reminded me of a few things. One is the only things that must be done are what He desires to be accomplished. Secondly, He will always be with me no matter what. Thirdly, as I live with Him as my Right Foundation nothing can tear me apart. There is no storm in life that can take me down when I am grounded in Him. I have been through some pretty strong storms in life yet here I am still standing in Him. Woo hoo! I must surrender every aspect of life including the week ahead to Him. If I don't, the enemy may find an open door and I sure do not want that to happen. The words to "Build My Life" are also going through my mind this morning...

And I will build my life upon Your love
It is a firm foundation
And I will put my trust in You alone
And I will not be shaken

I will trust Him with every aspect of my life as I allow Him to love in and through me. I will stand firm in my faith knowing He is in control.

Dear Jesus, Thank You for providing for the trip to see Paul, Liz, and Miss Bella! Thank You for the safe travels! Thank You for the way You encourage me through Rickey! Thank You for loving me so greatly that You reminded me this morning of what I need to continue to do in life! May I trust fully in You and allow You to love in and through me so I can be the lady You have called me to be. I pray for a cleansing so You will flow out of my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts throughout the day ahead. Father, keep my focus on You so I do not stress over the week ahead. I pray the same for many going through 'storms of life.' My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Colleen's family; Jack and Paula; my high school friend Jack; Carrie and Chris; the Risner Family; four friends with career issues; Chrissy and her family; and many others. May we all trust You when the storms start rumbling in life. May we realize Your strength and peace in a mighty way and grow deeper in our faith. Thank You Jesus for being My Right Foundation! Amen.


No comments: