Sunday, June 27, 2021

Nehemiah 8:10b - "Trading My Sorrows"



Today is the day for the dedication of the church building. It has been a long time coming with lots of people working hard to get to this point. The tears are falling as I think of all the work Doc put into the process. Dr. Eddy brought him to South Carolina to get the church body into a building. I hope he knows that.the dream is being realized today. I am exhausted. Physically, mentally, and emotionally. Yesterday was a tough day as we finished up what we could on the building. I ended up leaving before the work was finished due to being so tired. Soon after getting home I received the news that my Momma was taken to the hospital with a dislocated hip and the rest of the evening was an emotional roller coaster. Once again, I do not like roller coasters. It seems like they are becoming more and more a part of my life. The Lord reminded me of a few things this morning. One is through the song "Trading My Sorrows"...

I am pressed but not crushed
Persecuted not abandoned
Struck down but not destroyed
I am blessed beyond the curse
For His promise will endure
That His joy's gonna be my strength
Though the sorrow may last for the night
His joy comes with the morning


His joy's gonna be my strength...woo hoo! No matter what life throws at me, He is here with me. Not only is He with me but He desires to give me His strength every moment of the day. I know He also desires for the day ahead to be one filled with His joy. Today is an exciting day! It is a day to celebrate all God has done in the life of the Beaufort Church of the Nazarene and all He is going to do in the future! It is a day to celebrate Doc's work! It is a day to celebrate everyone who worked so hard to get this little but mighty congregation to where we are today! Plain and simple. It is a day to celebrate! I'm not sure how I can do that as tired and emotional as I am but I know God will be my strength through it.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for all the work completed yesterday and for everyone who came out! Thank You for continuing to be with my Momma through this painful time! Thank You for the fast response of the EMS workers! Thank You for being with Pastor Sam, Haydn, and all involved in today's service! Thank You for cleansing me so You can fill me! May Your strength be mine in a mighty way throughout today. May Your joy come down upon me. Lord, I was awake more than asleep throughout the night. There was much praying happening, especially for pastors. May we all sense Your presence today in a great way. I pray the same for many going through 'tough' times. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Ben and Colleen; Ben; Chrissy; Jack and Paula; Little Ivy's family; Melanie; four friends going through career issues/changes; a friend going through medical testing; a young lady with emotional issues; Powell's family; and many others. I pray for Beth and Bob to get their flights taken care of and I praise You for the good news about my friend Jack's pathology reports! Thank You for the continued encouragement Rickey gives me even though we are so far apart! Thank You for everyone who encourages me and prays for me! Thank You for being My Joy! Amen.


No comments: