Saturday, June 19, 2021

I Peter 5 - "Cast My Cares"

I had a weird dream last night that just kept going. It went from one stressful thing to another. I was dealing with finding a packet of United Way papers that were past due for funding for the Kidney Foundation and then I was dealing with Marion not wanting to go to her appointment. In the dream I was arguing with Colette about why I couldn't buy a piece of jewelry one minute and then was watching Alex work on the church parking lot in the next moment. The dream made no sense yet it did. Stress can take over our lives. It can be seen in the form of a stupid cold sore on my lip or by the MS tingling in my body. It can destroy any of us if we allow it. Instead we must remember the words of I Peter 5:7 and allow God to be in control of our life. As I floated around the pool yesterday I started thinking about everything that needs done before the dedication service of the building. I started making a mental list and then stopped myself. These three days in Texas are ones I needed to relax and not worry about everything that needs done. These days are ones for fun with my Texas family as they show me their little world. They are ones I will never get back so I need to make the most of them while here. As I was in their pool I found myself saying, 'Now this is how life should be. I could get used to this.' God truly is blessing me with this time and I am so thankful. I am so excited for the day ahead as we meet up with a former co-worker from Smucker's for lunch and then Miss Bella and I are going on a 'Memaw/Bella' date which includes a paddle boat ride. I'm not sure what else will fill our day but I'm hoping some more pool time will be involved. God is so good at giving us what we need sometimes before we even realize we need it. The words of I Peter 5 are ones I strive to live by as a pastor. I strive to:

  • shepherd my people (vs 2)
  • be a good example to all who see/hear me (vs 3)
  • live a life of being humble (vs 6)
  • give Him all my concerns (vs 7)
  • stay alert for the tactics of the enemy (vs 8)
  • stand firm in my faith (vs 9)

God is so, so good. I am so thankful for who He is in my life. I am thankful for the way He speaks to me and I strive to walk in obedience to His will.

Dear Jesus, Thank You for these days with Paul, Liz, and Miss Bella! Thank You for all the memories we are making! Thank You for cleansing me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You! May You be seen/heard through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts throughout the day ahead. Thank You for Ben Simon getting the drains out and being moved out of ICU! Thank You for Dan and Tom working at my Momma's house today! Thank You for continuing to be with her through these 'tough' days! Thank You for being with: my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; a lady who is going through a possible MS diagnosis; three friends with career direction needed; Pastor Sammy; Pastor Mike as he has knee surgery; Risner Family; Gay and Doug; and so many others going through 'tough' days. May they all come to the realization to live in the peace found through I Peter 5:7. Thank You for bringing Rickey into my life and for all the ways he encourages me! Thank You for everyone back home who is taking care of things at church while I am away! Thank You for being with those who are hurting deeply with this being Father's Day weekend! Thank You for being My Peace! Amen.

No comments: