Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Psalm 119:49-50 - "Graves Into Gardens"


Yesterday after the third prayer request for someone going through major health issues I said, 'Lord, we need You to come back and to come back soon.' Then I stopped myself and thought about those who are not in relationship with Him. If He were to return now, many would go to hell. Yes, it would be wonderful to be in heaven with Him instead of dealing with the junk of this world but I don't want to see anyone go to hell. I need to get better at sharing Him with others. I need to allow the Holy Spirit to work in and through me to share His love with all I meet. The Lord took me to Psalm 119 again this morning and had me hone in on verses forty-nine and fifty. I praise His Holy Name for being with me at all time but especially during times of illness, surgeries, cancer, etc. I would not have been able to get through such times without Him. He comforted me in such times. He loved me through such times by people who cared for me. I remember one time when I had surgery at the Sandusky Hospital and Carolynn Cheek came before surgery to pray with me. She brought a Scripture to share that meant so much to me. Multiple pastors come to pray that day. I was thankful for each one of them being there to encourage me and to be with Doc. I think the hospital personnel wondered why so many pastors came but that's what the body of Christ does. They support one another. Once again, I wonder how people get through such times without that support. How do they get through times of affliction without the Lord? As I pray for many going through 'tough' times in their physical body I pray most of all for their spiritual beings. I pray for someone to say or do something that will make a difference in their life. Not just a difference for today but an eternal difference. I pray someone will share the Word with them to comfort them. Matthew Henry wrote, The word of God speaks comfort in affliction. If, through grace, it makes us holy, there is enough in it to make us easy, in all conditions. Yes! His Word is comforting and encouraging at all time. Today I am singing and praying He will Turn Graves Into Gardens in many lives.

You turn mourning to dancing
You give beauty for ashes
You turn shame into glory
You're the only one who can (come on)
You turn mourning to dancing
You give beauty for ashes
You turn shame into glory (tell 'em now)
You're the only one who can
You turn graves into garden
You turn bones into armies
You turn seas into highways
You're the only one who can (please sing for me)
You're the only one who can

Dear Jesus, Thank You that I am feeling better this morning! I pray continued healing in my body. Thank You for the rest You provided yesterday! Thank You for Psalm 119 which encourages and speaks to me! Thank You for Rickey's visit! Thank You for the privilege to pray for many going through 'tough' times! Lord, my heart breaks for all but especially for those not in relationship with You. May You be greater than the hurts of life. May You shine brightly through Your servants to love with Your love. I pray Your presence will be felt by all. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my niece Colleen and her family; Gay and Doug; Anna and her famly; Owen and Karol; Mike and Roxanne; Carrie and Chris; Melanie; Little Ivy's family; Maria Deckert's family; Jack and Paula; Carolynn Johnson and her family; and so many others. Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me. May Your words, actions, attitude, and thoughts be mine today in a mighty way. May You shine brightly through me and may I not miss any opportunity You put before me. Thank You Jesus for being My Comfort! Amen.

No comments: