Monday, June 28, 2021

II Timothy 1:7; Haggai 1 - "Stand In His Love"


Yesterday was full of blessings from start to finish. When the hippy-hippy shakes began, I took a pill and then a second one and they stopped. The service was so full of blessings, the people who came blessed me, the time with lunch and fellowship after blessed me, resting the rest of the day was a huge blessing as I am exhausted, and having a four-legged buddy with me overnight blessed me in abundance. God is so, so good! He reminded me this morning I do not have to fear anything but instead need to bask in His love and empowerment. I do not have to fear my Momma's surgery. God is with her even when I am not. I do not have to fear the weeks ahead with all that is happening. All I have to do is allow God to continue to work in and through me. Woo hoo! Yesterday was my first building dedication and the first new members taken into the church for me. My first baptism service is coming up in two weeks. Some 'firsts' hurt deep in the heart but other 'firsts' are times of celebration. I love to celebrate! I love to celebrate who God is in my life! I love to celebrate who He is in the lives of others! What a joyous time life when God is the Center! Yesterday Pastor Sam preached from Haggai 1. In verses five and seven the words of the Lord are repeated. “Give careful thought to your ways." We need to do this every day of our lives. We need to evaluate what we are doing and make adjustments to make sure we are aligned with His ways. This is something that needs done regularly, not just when we feel like it. We, as a church, need to regularly do this. God has given us a gift in 279 Broad River Blvd. We have opened that gift and need to share it. The neighborhood needs to see Jesus' love in us. They need to know we are there for them and are ready to love them. As the leader, I need to get better at going through open doors for our church. I need to pray for opportunities as a church body and then lead the people through them. In the beginning of yesterday's sermon Pastor Sam talked about how we cannot make excuses. He talked about how our little congregation did not make excuses when obstacles with the building came before us. We do not have to fear the days ahead but instead must stand in His love and empowerment. Verse thirteen of Haggai 1 gives the Lord's declaration to us. “I am with you,” declares the Lord. He is with us every step of the way. We need to evaluate and adjust so we are walking in obedience to His will. We need to remember to "Stand In His Love" at all time. His love was what brought me to where I am today and His love will take me to where He so desires me to be.

When darkness tries to roll over my bones
When sorrow comes to steal the joy I own
When brokenness and pain is all I know
Oh, I won't be shaken, no, I won't be shaken

My fear doesn't stand a chance
When I stand in Your love

Dear Jesus, Thank You seems so inadequate for yesterday! What an awesome service and time of fellowship! Thank You for all the blessings of the day! Thank You for my church family who love on me so well! Thank You for Rickey's encouragement over the phone when I was struggling yesterday morning! Thank You for the celebration of 'firsts' in my life with the building dedication and Cait and Alex being taken into membership! Thank You for my time with my four-legged buddy Max! Thank You for the medication that has given my Momma some relief from the pain! I pray You will continue to be with her as she awaits surgery. Thank You for Pastor Brenda's husband Jeff's words to me after the service yesterday! That was another encouragement for me on a very emotional day. Another blessings was Hadyn leading worship! She made that old piano sing...woo hoo! Thank You Jesus for her and her ministry! Father, today begins another week. It is another full week. I pray You will keep my focus on You and keep Your words in my mind at all time. Give careful thought to your ways. I pray for Your blessing of peace over so many going through 'tough' times. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Ben and Colleen; Carrie and Chris; Melanie; the Risner family; Kris; and so many others. Thank You Jesus for being The One To Love Me! Amen.

No comments: