Friday, June 11, 2021

Psalm 119:9-16 - "Overwhelmed"


Wow! God is so good! He knows what we need before we even know ourselves. I was up late last night and thought I would sleep in this morning but God had other plans. I love how He works! After around five hours of sleep I woke, looked at the clock, and tried to go back to sleep. He had other plans. He took me to Psalm 119 to read again. I have been in this chapter this week for my sermon prep. He revealed a couple things to me as I read including the sermon series for July. I love when my fingers will not type fast enough to keep up with what He gives me. Woo hoo! This morning after getting His thoughts down on paper for the series He took me back to verses nine through sixteen to ponder upon for today. As I read them, I thought about a picture I took at the beach the other day of my feet. In verse nine it speaks of walking in the truth of God's Word. It is full of many truths. If one tried to write down every truth in the Bible, it would take forever. I love how God brings out exactly what we need as we study His Word. The last few sermons He brought out how we need to stay in His Word, study His Word, and allow His Word to permeate our thoughts, actions, and words. He has challenged us to be in His Word more. Psalm 119 reveals true joy is found in His Word. Verse fourteen reads in The Passion Translation, I find more joy in following what you tell me to do than in chasing after all the wealth of the world. True joy is found as we allow God to direct our lives. It is found when we get to the end of ourselves and give Him free reign over every aspect of every day. Verse sixteen speaks volumes to me. My delight is found in all your laws, and I won’t forget to walk in your words. Woo hoo! The more I soak in His Word, the more I will desire to live it. I am reminded of Big Daddy Weave's song "Overwhelmed" this morning.

I delight myself in You
Captivated by Your beauty
I'm overwhelmed, I'm overwhelmed by You

God, I run into Your arms
Unashamed because of mercy
I'm overwhelmed, I'm overwhelmed by You

Yes! He does overwhelm me. His love overwhelms me every day. The beauty of His creation overwhelms me. The way He speaks and directs me is overwhelming. But the way He overwhelms me is in a positive way that gives me the desire to experience more of Him.

Dear Jesus,
Woo hoo! You are so, so good! I thought I wanted to go back to sleep when I woke to around five hours of sleep but You knocked my socks off this morning with what You revealed. Thank You for being who You are in my life! Thank You for all the ways You encourage me! Thank You for putting Rickey in my life who encourages me greatly to be who You have called me to be! Thank You for the opportunities You gave me yesterday and the ones ahead in this day to love with Your love! Thank You for giving me Your wisdom! Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You flow from my words, thoughts, actions, and attitude today in a mighty way. May people see/hear You instead of me. Lord, may Your peace come down upon many on my prayer list. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Mary Lilley; Will and Sandy; Jack and Paula; Beth; Gay and Doug; Little Ivy and her family; Brandy Combs and her family; Ron Ross; Melanie; Joyce; Mike as he grieves the loss of his friend; Pete and Delores; Sharon Sebolt; two making career decisions; and so many others. I pray continued reconciliation for Branden and Theresa. I also pray for reconciliation in many relationships. Thank You Jesus for being My Delight! Amen.

No comments: