Thursday, June 3, 2021

Isaiah 26:3 - "No Impossible With You"

Last night I found myself in a frustrating situation where I lost something. I searched and searched again but did not find it. I prayed and asked others to pray. It is still missing. There was nothing else to do until I can make some phone calls this morning so I went to bed. I thought about how I would have reacted to such a situation months ago and my reaction to it now. Before I would have cried, been distraught, blamed myself for being so stupid to have lost it, etc. I am so thankful for my trust in God going deeper over these last few months. I am grateful for the peace He gives in such times and for friends who pray even without knowing the need. Matthew Henry describes this type of peace as:

Thou wilt keep him in peace; in perfect peace, inward peace, outward peace, peace with God, peace of conscience, peace at all times, in all events. Trust in the Lord for that peace, that portion, which will be for ever. Whatever we trust to the world for, it will last only for a moment; but those who trust in God shall not only find in him, but shall receive from him, strength that will carry them to that blessedness which is for ever. Let us then acknowledge him in all our ways, and rely on him in all trials.

The only way to have His peace is by trusting Him. I have learned to trust Him not only with the 'big' things but also with the 'little' things. God already knows the outcome of every situation we deal with. He already knows what lessons we will learn from each circumstance before us. He knows when we will exercise our free will to make decisions for Him and when we will falter in our humanness. I found it interesting this is the second day for Him to wake me with the song "No Impossible With You."

Oh, there's no heart You can't rescue
No war You can't win
No story so over
It can't start again
No pain You won't use
No wall You won't break through
It might be too much for me but
There is no impossible with You

Woo hoo! The knowledge There is no impossible with God makes me want to celebrate! I don't know why I am dealing with this current situation but He does. Isaiah 26 is a song of praise written out of the experience of Judah who realized God in a deeper way than ever before. Spurgeon wrote:

We were once unguarded from spiritual evil, and we spent our days in constant fear; but the Lord has found for us a city of defence, a castle of refuge. We have a burgess-ship in the new Jerusalem which is the mother of us all; and within that strong city we dwell securely. Let us sing this morning, "We have a strong city." The man that hath come into fellowship with God through the atoning sacrifice, hath gotten into a place of perfect safety, where he may dwell, ay, dwell for ever, without fear of assault. We are no longer hunted by hosts of fears, and trodden down by dark despairs; but "We have a strong city" which overawes the foe, and quiets ourselves. Our gospel hymns are the songs of men who, in the truest sense, have seen an end of alarm, by accepting God's provision against trouble of heart.

Woo hoo! These wise words tell us what we are to do in life on this earth so we can spend eternal life with our Heavenly Father. We must trust and accept His will. No matter what comes our way, God is greater. Praise His Holy Name!

Dear Jesus, Thank You for Your love, mercy, and grace! Thank You for the way You use difficult situations to open our eyes to more of what You desire of us! Thank You for cleansing me so You can fill me! Thank You for going before me today and giving me Your strength, wisdom, and peace! Lord, I pray Marion will willingly go to therapy today. Give me what I need to convince her to do so. I continue to pray for many going through 'tough' days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Little Ivy's family; June's family; Melanie; Cait; my friend with a career decision; and many others. I praise You for Jack and Paula doing better; Terri with her new job; my tingling lessening; and for all the blessings You give me. Thank You for bringing Rickey into my life who encourages me every day to keep on! Thank You for always being with me and giving me exactly what I need! Thank You for being My Peace! Amen.



No comments: