Friday, June 18, 2021

Psalm 3 - "See A Victory"

The Lord woke me this morning with the direction to read Psalm 3. This is one David wrote when he continued to deal with his enemies. Sometimes enemies come in the form of people. Sometimes they are thoughts from our past or temptations of the day. No matter what they are, one thing is for certain. Enemies try to destroy us. We must remember God is greater than our enemies. He is greater than the things our enemies say to us or about us. He is greater than the lies our enemies put upon us. In Psalm 3 there is a secret nestled in between sections of Scripture. Pause in His presence. That is exactly what we need to do throughout our days. We need to allow God to speak to us. But beyond allowing Him to speak to us we must listen and walk in obedience to His will. He will protect us from our enemies as we allow Him. Sometimes we don't even realize who are enemies are but God knows. Matthew 7 tells us there are wolves with sheep's clothing that will come into our life. They will appear to be good people yet in reality they will be people who just want to play havoc in our lives. It's sad to think about yet we can see it every day. There are so many false teachers in churches today. We must be on guard to not allow them an open door into our life. The way to be on guard is to be grounded in Christ. Verses three and four of Psalm 3 read in The Message:

But you, God, shield me on all sides;
You ground my feet, you lift my head high;
With all my might I shout up to God,
His answers thunder from the holy mountain.

When we are grounded in Him, we will See A Victory in the days ahead. He will empower us to stand in His strength when life seems to crumble around us. When we do not receive a job we want, a loved one passes, we or a loved one has major health issues...the list goes on and on. But no matter what the enemy throws our way we must remember God is greater!

I'm gonna see a victory
I'm gonna see a victory
For the battle belongs to You, Lord
I'm gonna see a victory
I'm gonna see a victory
For the battle belongs to You, Lord

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the opportunities You gave me yesterday to love with Your love and for the ones ahead in this day! Thank You for this time with Paul, Lizzy, and Miss Bella! Thank You for the beautiful weather! Lord, there are so many people going through 'tough' times in their life. Some are with physical issues, some with emotional, financial, mental, and/or spiritual issues. May You be greater than the hurts of life. May You empower people to stand up against the enemy when he comes knocking at their door. May Your presence be experienced by all. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Clara Jean Shoup's family; Little Ivy and her family; Sharon Sebolt; Chrissy and her family; Gay and Doug; Colleen and her family; Serena Shepherd and her family; one who is going through a diagnosis for MS; and so many others. I pray for three with career decisions/issues going on to seek Your will. Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me. May You shine brightly through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today. I pray You will bless Rickey today in a mighty way as he teaches. Thank You Jesus for being My Victory! Amen.

No comments: