Wednesday, June 23, 2021

II Timothy 1:7 - "Battle Belongs"

 

I have said it before and I will say it again. I do not like roller coasters. Physical roller coasters make me sick to my stomach. Sometimes emotional ones do too. Physical roller coasters cause fear to come upon me. Sometimes the enemy uses circumstances to make me doubt myself when dealing with the ups and downs of life. I was so thankful for Pastor Scott's words last night when he encouraged me to not give into doubts. I also was thankful for the way God used me throughout the day to love with His love. Starting my day with a ninety-two year old man on Hospice who does not believe was a challenge. I was thankful he had a clear mind and we were able to converse. I also was thankful he allowed me to read Scripture to him even though he says he can't believe what it says, pray before I left even though he doesn't believe in God, and said I could go back to see him. I planted seeds and pray for the time to see those seeds sprout to life. I was thankful with my study time yesterday morning and my time with my friend in the afternoon. Finishing up a membership class before heading home to my zoom class was so rewarding. Throughout the day having phone calls and/or texts about health issues with family members in Ohio put the emotions all over the place. I am so grateful God brought Rickey into my life. What a blessing to call him and know he is praying for me through the 'tough' times of life. I also enjoy the times when I can forget everything going on in my little world and listen on a conference call with his friends. They make me laugh so much. Days like yesterday are blessed when I can finish them with laughter. The sunset last night reminded me of just how much God loves me. He is the Master Artist who paints such beauty to bless us. The same Master Artist who painted the sunset last night was the same Master Artist who was with me throughout all the emotions of yesterday.  I do not have to fear anything that comes my way. Instead I must stand in the empowerment of the Holy Spirit and allow Him to use me as He desires. When I live in this manner, His love will flow from me in a mighty way. That's all I want to happen in life. I want people to see/hear Him instead of me. Late afternoon yesterday I realized I had not ate yet. (I am so bad at doing that and I know I need to get better with my eating habits.) I went through a drive-through to get something and was blessed in abundance. I asked the young man how his day was going. One simple question of someone showing they cared was all it took to put a smile on this young man's face. What joy that smile gave me! He thanked me multiple times for asking. When I told him I would be praying for him, the smile became even bigger. Woo hoo, God! Instead of allowing my focus to be on the circumstances of my day I allowed God to love through me. I do not say that to boast on myself but to boast on God. He is so good at blessing us as we allow Him to work in and through us. All we have to do is stay focused on Him. Phil Wickam's song Battle Belongs is on my mind as I start another day...

So when I fight I'll fight on my knees
With my hands lifted high
Oh God the battle belongs to You
And every fear I lay at Your feet
I'll sing through the night
Oh God the battle belongs to You

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the opportunities You gave me yesterday to love with Your love! Thank You for the strength to do Your will! Thank You for the way You blessed me throughout the day even though it was an emotional roller coaster! Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You ooze out of my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today in a mighty way. Father, I pray for the seeds planted in my new friend I visited yesterday to sprout. I pray the words You gave me to say will become meaningful before he takes his last breath. Thank You for the opportunity to share You with him! I pray for many going through 'tough' days to realize Your peace and strength. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Ben; Melanie; the Risner family; Chrissy and her family; Carrie and Chris; Jack and Paula; my high school friend Jack; four friends going through decisions/issues with careers; Colleen and her family; Pastor Scott and his family; Pastor Michael; and so many others. Thank You for the way You blessed me yesterday with: friends; no injury when I fell when the dogs greeted me; Rickey's encouragement throughout the day and then laughter with him and his friends last night; and so, so many other blessings throughout the day! You show Your love so well! Thank You for being My Almighty Fortress! Amen.

No comments: