Tuesday, June 8, 2021

James 1:2-4; Psalm 98:1-2 - "Help Is On The Way"



Yesterday was a roller coaster ride of emotions. I think that is why I wanted to go to bed at 7PM. Some days are just too emotional. The highs and lows are too much to deal with. Praise God I have Him to lean into on such days. I posted yesterday "Life is full of disappointments. We have the choice to stay joyful in our spirit or give the enemy an open door. I am choosing JOY!" I was reminded of James 1 in how we are taught to be joyful no matter what our circumstances. That is easier said than done but with God all things are possible. We need to pray for wisdom on how we are going to get through such times not pray for them to go away. It is through such times our faith grows. Matthew Henry wrote:

When our faith and spirits rise and fall with second causes, there will be unsteadiness in our words and actions. This may not always expose men to contempt in the world, but such ways cannot please God. No condition of life is such as to hinder rejoicing in God. Those of low degree may rejoice, if they are exalted to be rich in faith and heirs of the kingdom of God; and the rich may rejoice in humbling providences, that lead to a humble and lowly disposition of mind. 

It is important to remember the words of James 1 and these words from Matthew Henry every day. I found myself not being the only one to have an emotional day yesterday. I had opportunity to share James 1:2-4 with a few people throughout the day. Some are going through issues in their physical bodies. Some are dealing with grief from the loss of a loved one. Some are praying for God's will as they make decisions. We never know what people are going through unless they tell us. But we do know everyone is dealing with something in life and need encouraged. I woke this morning with Toby Mac's "Help Is On The Way" going through my mind. This song was written after he lost his twenty-one year old son. He had written songs of sadness but after God took him to Psalm 98:1-2 he wrote this song. Sing to God a brand-new song. He’s made a world of wonders! He rolled up His sleeves, He set things right. God made history with salvation, He showed the world what He could do. Psalm 98:1-2 (MSG) This song gives hope in that God is always on time in our life. It gives us hope in times when it seems like 'tough' times will never end. I do not know how people get through life without the Lord. He is my strength. He is my hope. He is my constant companion. Plain and simple. He is my everything

Help is on the way
Roundin' the corner
Help is on the way
Comin' for ya
Help is on the way
Yea-ee-ayy
I lived enough life to say...
Help is on the way

(Mm-mm, mm-mm)
Well, I seen my share o' troubles
But the Lord ain't failed me yet
So I'm holdin' onto the promise, y'all
That He's rollin' up His sleeves again
Said, I seen my share of troubles (Rollin' up, rollin' up)
But the Lord ain't failed me yet (Rollin' up, rollin' up)
We'll keep holdin' onto the promise, y'all (Rollin' up, rollin' up)
That He's rollin' up His sleeves again

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the opportunities I had to love with Your love yesterday! Thank You for Marion going to her appointment even though it was a struggle! Thank You for the time I had with Zoey and for the safe trip for Mary and her family! Thank You for cleansing me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You and less of me! Thank You for Rickey who encourages me so much on days like yesterday! Thank You for being with me on the emotional roller coaster ride of life! Thank You for continuing to be with: my Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Jack and Paula; Little Ivy and her family; Melanie; two friends needing Your wisdom with career decisions; Will and Sandy; Brandy and her family; Mike with the loss of his friend John; Owen and Karol; Terry and Miriam; and many others! Thank You for going before me today and giving me opportunities to be the person You have called me to be! Thank You for giving me wisdom as I complete annual reports and for Your continued direction with what You want shared Sunday! Thank You for being My Constant Companion! Amen.

No comments: