Saturday, June 26, 2021

Psalm 59 - "God Who Listens"


The Lord took me to Psalm 59 this morning. I asked Him why He took me to the Psalms so often. He replied that David went through a lot of struggles in life and I can learn from his writing. This particular Psalm is once again about David dealing with his enemies. Sometimes I feel like my enemies just won't stop trying to tear me down. Sometimes life is so overwhelming but the one thing that is always a constant is God. His love is always there for me to encourage me. He always knows what I need and provides. A key to such a relationship is me allowing Him to be who He desires to be in my life so I can be who He desires me to be. Wow! That sounds so simple yet in my humanness I get in His way at times. Shame on me! He brought Chris Tomlin's song "God Who Listens" to me this morning. I needed this reminder as I begin my day...

He walks with me and leads me by still waters
I lay my troubles down at His feet (Lay my troubles down)
It's amazing that the Savior and the Father
He is (He is) A friend (A friend) To me
How can it be, oh?

I'm not just hopin', I'm not just wishin'
I know I'm prayin' to a God who listens
I know He hears me, I know He's livin'
Yes, I am prayin' (Yes, I am prayin') To a God who listens
Your God who listens


I know God listens to me all the time. I know He is always there for me. I know He is greater than anything that comes my way. Woo hoo! I know. My heart is sad for those who do not know Him. I don't want to see anyone go to hell but desire everyone to realize His love on this earth so they can realize His love for eternity. Psalm 59 is all about the struggles David had with his enemies. He dealt with them every day. Some were people in his life but the more I read about his life I think he was probably his worst enemy. The expectations we put upon ourselves can be our enemy. The way we try to please people instead of God can be our enemy. We must remember He is the Only One we need to please and He is the One we need to allow to direct our life. He will give us exactly what we need to live as He desires as we allow Him. I am thankful for the peace He gives in times such as this with family members with health issues and me being so far away from them. I am thankful for the way He speaks to me and has me in relationship with Him where I not only hear Him but I strive to walk in obedience to Him. I am thankful for the ways He encourages me through 'tough' days. Plain and simple. I am thankful. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your love, mercy, and grace! Thank You for the opportunities You gave me yesterday to love with Your love and the ones ahead in this day! Thank You for the support You provide through Rickey! Thank You for the fun day with Cait and the kids yesterday and for all we accomplished! Thank You for the call about the sign! It was disappointing yet I am excited to see how You are going to use it. I know You did not have it saved all these years for nothing. Thank You for me finally meeting the man Doc had talked to about it a few years ago!
Father, I pray You will provide workers today to accomplish what You desire at the building. I pray for good fellowship as we work to prepare for tomorrow's building dedication. I also pray for a cleansing in my soul so You will flow from my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts throughout the day. I pray for a renewal in my physical body as it is so tired. Thank You for being with Kim and Carl today as they say goodbye to their four-legged buddy! Thank You for being with Chrissy as she goes throughout this day with the memories of her son! Thank You for being with so many people who are going through 'tough' days! May they all experience You in a mighty way. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Ben and Colleen; Jack and Paula; my high school friend Jack and another high school friend going through medical testing; four friends going through career issues/changes; Owen and Karol; a teen struggling with life; Lisa's friend who suddenly lost her husband; Pastor Scott with his mother's health issues; and so many others. I pray for Your healing touch upon Ben's legs. Lord, be greater than the hurts of life. Be greater than anything the enemy throws before us. Thank You Jesus for being My Enemy Slayer! Amen.

No comments: