Wednesday, June 16, 2021

Hebrews 6:19 - "Everything"

God is so good! It amazes me the way He answers prayers. I know it shouldn't but it does. Yesterday's surgery for Ben Simon came out better than doctors thought with no mass or tumor found. A friend who had angioplasty yesterday is seeing color in his foot which is another praise. My sister having a nerve test yesterday is another praise in that it is over. Little Bradley Gilbert being released from the hospital is another praise. Today another friend is going in for appointment from wearing a heart monitor. Little Ivy with chemo and tests breaks my heart. We do not understand the 'whys' of life but we can be thankful we have Him to talk to through them.  So many people on my prayer list but the most important prayers I can give are those for spiritual needs to be met. Someone asked me what the purpose is of praying. If God already knows everything, why pray? I don't know the complete answer to that question but I do know prayer is what keeps me going. When I experience answers to prayers such as with Ben Simon's surgery, it cements my faith in God even more. There are times the answers received are not what we desire. The thing we must always remember is God knows what is best. We have free choice and make make 'wrong' decisions but He never leaves us. He is always there for us and will love us through 'tough' times. He will encourage us and empower us to make right decisions even when it hurts. Praise His Holy Name. I feel like if I could not converse with Him, life would be meaningless. This morning He and I had a heart-to-heart conversation that I was greatly encouraged by. I am so thankful for Him and for who He is in my life. I am reminded of a song Lincoln Brewster sings called "Everything"...

Your love
Is strong enough for me
With me when I'm weak
Everything I need is in
Your love
Constant in the trial
Faithful through the night
Everything I need is in You

Dear Jesus, Thank You for Your love, mercy, and grace! Thank You for the time Rickey and I had together while he was here! I pray for safe travels for him as he returns to Ohio. Thank You for friends like Jeff and Leslie who we spent time with last night! Thank You for the trees getting trimmed yesterday! Thank You for Ben Simon's surgery going well, Little Bradley Gilbert being released from the hospital, and my friend who had angioplasty. May You continue to heal these ones. May You continue to be with: my Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Little Ivy and her family; Beth; my friend with an appointment today with the cardiologist; Melanie; and so many others. May You be greater than the hurts of life. Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You shine brightly through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today. Thank You Jesus for being My Constant! Amen.

No comments: