Sunday, June 20, 2021

Romans 15 - "Keep Me In The Moment"

I'm so thankful for the peace God gives me when plans change. Sometimes I wonder if He allows such things as flight cancellations to see how I will respond. Hopefully my response was what He desired. I am grateful for a non-stop flight. I also am grateful I did not have any commitments this afternoon that would need rearranged. I will just need to adjust my budget to accommodate the extra expense. No big deal. Paul and I were talking about how I could have freaked out but instead stayed calm in the process. As I sit here 'people watching' I saw many tears before going through TSA. I prayed for people to have His peace with whatever situation they were dealing with. I prayed last night and again this morning for pastors to be sensitive to the day with Father's Day being hurtful for many. I know today is the first Father's Day for many to be without their father on this earth and prayed for them to realize His peace. I miss my Daddy so much but I would never wish him back here. I would never wish Doc back here either. They both are where I desire to be. My heart breaks for people who are not in relationship with God. It hurts for all the children who are being raised by Daddy's who don't know God. I am so thankful for my boys raising their babies in His love. What a blessing for this Momma! I loved doing life with Paul, Lizzy, and Miss Bella these last few days! I had so much fun and loved every minute of the time with them. God is so good at giving us what we need. These days were definitely needed. I didn't realize how much they were needed until having them. What a blessing! Lord, "Keep Me In The Moment"....

Singing, oh Lord keep me in the moment
Help me live with my eyes wide open
'Cause I don't wanna miss what You have for me (What You have for me)
Singing, oh Lord show me what matters
Throw away what I'm chasing after, 'cause I don't wanna miss what You have for me (What You have for me)
Keep me in the moment, oh keep me in the moment
'Cause I don't wanna miss what You have for me (What You have for me)

Dear Jesus, Thank You for this wonderful trip! Thank You for the peace You gave when I awoke to finding my flight was cancelled! Thank You for Paul, Liz, and Miss Bella who gave me such a fun time for my first visit to Houston! Thank You for Pastor Brenda who is filling the pulpit for me and for all who are helping with the Father's Day fellowship! Lord, be with all pastors to be sensitive to those who are hurting today with it being Father's Day. May all realize the hurts of many and minister to them. Thank You for the twins being born to Tim and Hailey! I pray for little Timmy who is in NICU to gain strength. Thank You for Ben Simon having a better day yesterday! I pray for your direction with his rehab. Thank You for the work Dan and Tom did at my Momma's house yesterday! Thank You for continuing to be with: my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Melanie; Chrissy and family; Jack and Paula; my high school friend Jack; the family of the single Mom who passed; and so many others going through 'tough' times. I pray for a day filled with God's love for all those separated from their fathers. I pray especially for those who have gone through a divorce and have 'nasty' communication between the parents. Thank You for the ways Rickey encourages me even though we are hundreds of miles apart! Thank You for being My Peace! Amen.

No comments: