Tuesday, June 29, 2021

Matthew 25:21 - "Superman's Song"

This picture came across in my memories yesterday and made me smile. Doc would do anything in ministry. This was taken the year he was Super Man for a VBS. I loved doing ministry with him. This past Sunday was so emotional knowing the building was his dream and yet he isn't here to minister from it. He never even got to preach in it. 'Why, God?' comes into my mind. But God is the One in charge and has His reasons for all that happens. Yesterday Will shared a song by Crash Test Dummies called "Superman's Song" when he saw the picture. Doc loved their music and listened to them often. This song reminds me of him. The lyrics talk about how 'Superman' continued on no matter what. Doc fought the pancreatic cancer for sixteen long months. He went to chemo even when he knew it was not doing any good. He did not want to die. He told me multiple times he did not want to leave this earth. He did not want to miss watching the grand babies grow up and have babies themselves. He felt like he had not done enough for the Lord and wanted more time. As I listened to him, my heart broke. I felt so helpless. I kept praying for God to heal him on this earth. After the stroke I knew that was not going to happen and I prayed for God to take him out of the suffering. The last part of this song goes...

Sometimes when Supe was stoppin' crimes
I'll bet that he was tempted to just quit
And turn his back on man
Join Tarzan in the forest
But he stayed in the city
Kept on changin' clothes
In dirty old phone booths 'til his work was through
Had nothin' to do but go on home

This was Doc. He never gave up. He fought until the very end and then realized he Had nothin' to do but go on home. I am so grateful for the knowledge he is with the Lord. I am grateful for the knowledge he is no longer suffering. I also know I need to continue what God puts before me so I can live with eternity in God's presence. I know I need to get better at sharing His love so more people will live for eternity with Him. All believers need to do this.

Dear Jesus, Thank You for yesterday that was filled with friends and laughter! Thank You for the work Carrington's accomplished on the backyard, Chris' help with the sprinkler system, and Joshua taking my trash! Once again, thank You for my tribe! Thank You for the time of fellowship with lots of laughter with Carol, Nancy, Paula, and Cait! Thank You for the peace You gave when I received the letter from the IRS! Thank You for being with Ben and Colleen with all going on in their life, for being with my Momma as she has surgery today, and for being with little Jonah when he had got his boo-boo! Thank You for Rickey who encourages me so much! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You be my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today in a new, different way. Lord, I pray for so many going through difficult days to feel Your presence. I pray for opportunity to love on people with Your love. I pray for: my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Ben; Melanie; Pete and Delores; four friends going through career issues/changes; Ron Ross; Sharon Sebolt; Gay and Doug; Owen and Karol; the Risner family; Alison; Jack and Paula; Chrissy; and so many others. May You be greater than the hurts of life. May You be greater than the MS tingling going on in my body today. Thank You Jesus for being My Eternity! Amen.

No comments: