Saturday, June 5, 2021

Psalm 139 - "Yes He Can"

God woke me with the song "Yes He Can" and Psalm 139 this morning. I love the way this Scripture reiterates God knows everything about us. We cannot hide anything from Him. We cannot ever think something without Him knowing. We do not have to pretend with Him because He knows all. Sometimes when people ask how we are doing it very easily comes off our lips 'fine' when in fact we are struggling. God knows our struggles. He knows our pains. We do not have to pretend with Him. This gives freedom to be ourselves. We all have people in our lives we feel we can be ourselves but not everyone fits that description. This song goes...

Did he move every mountain?
Did he part every sea?
Yes He did
So yes He can
Did he defeat the darkness?
Did he deliver me?
Yes he did
So yes he can
Yes he did
So yes he can

God has done so much for us and has so much more to do. He is always with us. His love is greater than anyone else's love. He protects and loves on us through the 'good' days and the 'tough' days. He gives us the desires of our heart. I daydreamed as a little girl about living near a beach. Even though I had never been to the ocean at that time I dreamt of hearing the waves, smelling the salt in the air, and feeling the water around my feet. I loved reading books about the beach and could almost feel like I had been there. Fast forward to fifty plus years later and I am here. God is so good at giving us not only what we need but also what we want. He has moved many mountains in my life but especially over these last couple of years. He delivered me many times from darkness. There is nothing He can't do. There is nothing He does not know about my past nor my future. Woo hoo! I love verse thirteen. You formed my innermost being, shaping my delicate inside and my intricate outside, and wove them all together in my mother’s womb. God did not just pick me off a shelf to be born. He created me unique. He did not just decide to give my parents another daughter. He gave them me. I am special in His eyes even when others may not think so. My Heavenly Daddy gave me an awesome earthly Daddy who loved me greatly. What a blessing! I know not everyone has such a relationship. I pray people who do not have a good relationship with their earthly Daddy will still find a way to love their Heavenly Daddy and also to allow Him to love them. The desire of God's heart is for all to love Him. He never leaves us even when we may stray away. Verses seventeen and eighteen tell us we are always in His thoughts. What a comfort this Psalm is to all who read it and allow God to speak through it. Father's Day is coming up in a couple weeks. It can be a 'tough' day for many to get through. I pray people will be intentional in allowing God to love them through the day.

Dear Jesus, Thank You for Your love, mercy, and grace! Thank You for this song and Scripture that encourage me greatly! Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead in this day! Thank You for never leaving me and for the way You make sure I feel Your presence! Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing so there is nothing between us. May You ooze out of my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today in a mighty way. May people see/hear You instead of me. Lord, I pray for more people to come into relationship with You. I pray for those who know You to allow You to be the King of Kings and Lord of Lords of their life. Father, I pray Your healing touch upon: my Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my friends Kaye, Sammy, Tisha, Sharon, Sharon, and Cait; Chrissy, her son, and other family members going through 'tough' days; Little Ivy's family; Owen; and so many others. May You be greater than the hurts and pains. I pray for Rhonda and her situation with the leak into her apartment and a young lady who is struggling with life. Thank You loving on me through many people You have put into my life. Rickey who encourages me, Chris who helps me with tasks around the house, and Will who I always enjoy talking with. You are so, so good to know what I need before I even realize it! Thank You for being My Mountain Mover! Amen.  

No comments: