Monday, June 7, 2021

Psalm 119:1-8 - "Good God Almighty"


I woke up this morning with "Good God Almighty" going through my mind. I thought about how praises need to flow from me no matter what the circumstances of life. When I find myself crabby in my disposition, I have a choice to make. I can praise God through it or I can allow the enemy an open door. I am the only one who can make the decision. 

Good God Almighty
I hope You'll find me
Praising Your name no matter what comes

'Cause I know where I'd be
Without Your mercy
So I keep praising Your name at the top of my lungs

Life can be overwhelming but God is greater than anything that comes my way. There are days when I feel like I cannot continue on but then God gives His strength. When I feel like there is too much to do, He gives His wisdom. He told me this morning I am to go to the waterfront today. I know it is because I need some 'water therapy' where I get lost in the beauty of His creation and allow Him to take away all the 'junk' of this world. The waterfront is where I feel closest to Him. The very first time we came to Beaufort and stopped there I knew this was where we were to be. It was an overwhelming feeling of His love as I stood and looked at the large anchor and felt the cool breeze on my face. The days ahead confirmed we were right where He desired us to be. When Doc went onto be with the Lord, there were many who assumed I would back to Ohio but God confirmed in my heart I was to be here. He continues to bless me as I serve Him. Psalm 119:1-8 describes the blessed man as being one who stays focused on God, walks in obedience to Him, listens to Him, and allows Him to be in charge of their life. As one lives in this manner, they will realize His love to a greater degree. I love verse eight in The Passion Translation. I will be faithful to all that your Word reveals—so don’t ever give up on me! This reminds me of what God has been bringing out in the last few sermons. We must be in His Word so we can stay focused on Him. We must study His Word so we can know it. When we know it, we will be able to share it so much easier than if we did not. There is no way we can share something we do not experience ourselves. God said in the fall sermon series we cannot give His love away until we have it. The same can be said for His Word. Oh how I need to get better at being in His Word more and being a better student of it. I need to spend more time seeking wisdom from His Word. God can only use me to the degree I allow Him. Lord, help me.

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the opportunities to love with Your love! Thank You for the ways You speak to me through music, Scripture, others, circumstances, etc! Thank You for being with me even when I feel crabby! Thank You for cleansing me this morning so You can fill me to overflowing! May You ooze out of my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts in a mighty way in the day ahead. May people see/hear You instead of me. Thank You for going before me today with getting Marion to go to her appointment! Thank You for Clay, Cait, and Jack who led worship yesterday! Thank You for Nancy who taught Sunday School for Paula! You have put me with a great group of people to serve with! Thank You for giving me Your peace in the middle of the night when I woke and couldn't go back to sleep! Thank You for conversations with Rickey that encourage me greatly! Thank You for whatever is ahead in this day! May I stay focused on You throughout the day in a more intentional way. Thank You for continuing to be with: my Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Melanie; Jack and Paula; my high school friends Jack with his battle with cancer and Lee with his loss; Little Ivy's family; Owen; Brandy and her family; Cait; two friends with career decisions; and so many others! May You be greater than the hurts of life. May You give strength and wisdom to all who will accept it. Thank You for being My Good God Almighty! Amen.

No comments: