Tuesday, June 1, 2021

Psalm 23:6; Psalm 1:6 - "Keep Me In The Moment"


Where did May go? How can it be June 1st already? I remember when I was growing up hearing 'wait until you get older and the days will fly by!' I feel like I am living that saying. Days turn into weeks which turn into months so quickly. It is funny how when we have something to look forward to such as someone visiting or us going on a trip the days seem to drag. Once we are in the moment time flies. This morning God reminded me the words of a song Jeremy Camp sings called Keep Me In The Moment

I've been thinking about time and where does it go
How can I stop my life from passing me by, I don't know
I've been thinking about family (Family), how it's going so fast
Will I wake up one morning, just wishing that I could go back?
I've been thinking about lately, maybe I could make a change
And it could change me, so with all of my heart
This is my prayer

Singing, oh Lord keep me in the moment
Help me live with my eyes wide open
'Cause I don't wanna miss what You have for me (What You have for me)
Singing, oh Lord show me what matters
Throw away what I'm chasing after, 'cause I don't wanna miss what You have for me (What You have for me)
Keep me in the moment, oh keep me in the moment
'Cause I don't wanna miss what You have for me (What You have for me)

Sometimes we wish our life away. There are times we think so much about what is ahead and miss what God has for us today. Sometimes we wish for something different in life and miss what He has for us. I do not want to do anything that will make me miss what God has in store for me. I want to live in His presence so I can stay focused on Him. Camp went through the loss of his young wife years ago. This song is a product of the pain he has endured. We do not know what will happen today, this week, this month, this year, etc. But we do know God is with us when we allow Him to be. We have assurance in His love when we allow Him to wrap His loving arms around us. Woo hoo! We do not have to live in the past nor should we live in the future. All we need to do is live each moment for Him. In The Message Psalm 1:6 reads, God charts the road you take. The road they take leads to nowhere. The Psalmist is showing the difference between people who live for God and those who do not. He writes of how those who live for God will have His wisdom and direction. Their life will lead to eternal life with Him. Those who do not live for Him will lead to nowhere. I desire to live with Him for eternity. I know the way for this path to happen is for me to live in the moment and not the past or the future. As I live in this manner, I will be blessed by Him. The more I strive to live in this manner, the more I will be successful in staying focused on Him. These last few days have been tough to be able to focus with the tingling in my head/face. But God will give me exactly what I need to not allow it to be a distraction. I know He will and that knowledge is what gets me through such days. 

Dear Jesus, Thank You for rest yesterday! Thank You for Sharon and Trevor who brought me lunch! Thank You for Rickey caring for me! Thank You for friends who checked on me! Lord, I do not want the MS tingling to be a distraction to what You have in store for me. I pray You will keep my focus on You so I do not miss even one opportunity to love with Your love. Cleanse me of anything not of You so You can fill me with more of You. May You flow out of my words, thoughts, actions, and attitude today in a meaningful way. Lord, may You be greater than the things of life for all of us. I continue to pray for: my Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my friends Kaye, Mary Wise, Melanie, Terri, Cait, Little Ivy's family, Jack and Paula, Jennifer Thacker, and two friends with career decisions. I pray Your love over Lynne and her family with the loss of her mother-in-law and Pastor Ted with the loss of his sister. Lord, be greater than what they are facing. Thank You Jesus for being My Life Goal! Amen.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Shiela,
I have so many feelings in my heart for you and I can only say how how I admire all you do. I know God has led you to be his warrior and your a wonderful daughter, sister, Mother, GRAMMIE, friend, and MINISTER . But you are burning more than one candle at both ends and I am concerned that how long your HEALTH will let you do this ? I ask this because I care as your friend and I CARE about your family ?
May God continue to Bless us all !

My Strength said...

Thank you for your concern...