Friday, June 25, 2021

Psalm 16 - "Your Love Defends Me"



The Lord took me to Psalm 16 this morning. I love the way this Psalm is laid out. It reminds us He is Our Protection, Our Portion, and Our Praise. Woo hoo! We can be confident He is with us to protect us at all time. Sometimes we need protected from the enemy. Sometimes the protection He gives is from things such as accidents. No matter why protection is needed He is there to provide. Verses five and six show us how He is Our Portion. David uses more words that begin with 'p' to describe Him. My prize...pleasure...portion. I love the words in verse six in The Passion Translation. Your pleasant path leads me to pleasant places I'm overwhelmed by the privileges that come with following you! What an awesome word picture to start my day. When we walk as David did with God, we will blessed in abundance. We will not only live with Him on this earth but we will live with Him for eternity. Woo hoo! Matthew Henry describes this Scripture:

Those that have God for their portion, have a goodly heritage. Return unto thy rest, O my soul, and look no further. Gracious persons, though they still covet more of God, never covet more than God; but, being satisfied of his loving-kindness, are abundantly satisfied with it: they envy not any their carnal mirth and delights. But so ignorant and foolish are we, that if left to ourselves, we shall forsake our own mercies for lying vanities. God having given David counsel by his word and Spirit, his own thoughts taught him in the night season, and engaged him by faith to live to God.

I love the part that says, Gracious persons, thought they still covet more of God, never covet more than God... God is all we need. He will satisfy us as we allow Him. We do not need more than Him but we do need to seek more of Him. We can never stop seeking more of Him nor can we ever stop seeking more about hIm. As we live in this manner, we will realize verse eleven to its fullest extent. Because of you, I know the path of life, as I taste the fullness of joy in your presence.   At your right side I experience divine pleasures forevermore! I know I experience divine pleasures on this earth every day through the blessings He gives me. I also know I will experience divine pleasures in heaven when my time on this earth is over. Woo hoo!

Dear Jesus, Thank You for all the blessings You poured over me yesterday! Thank You for my time with Kayla, Marion going to her appointment, an unplanned dinner with Carrington's, and rest last night! Thank You for having me with Marion as she was going through such pain! I pray for relief for her and am thankful she allows me to pray with her. Thank You for bringing Rickey into my life! He encourages me so much even though we are seven hundred miles apart! Thank You for bringing Scripture before me to be blessed by! Thank You for being with the two families with calling hours yesterday! Thank You for cleansing me so You can fill me! Thank You for going before me and being my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today no matter what happens! Lord, continue to be with: My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Ben; Ben and Colleen; the Risner family; four friends going through medical testing; a young girl needing psychological help; my friend Jack as he continues to gain strength so he can be released from the hospital; four friends going through career issues/decisions; Melanie; Elizabeth; and so many others. I pray for Your continued wisdom and guidance with the church and with all decisions made. You are so good at providing what we need when we allow You to be in charge. Thank You for being My Divine Pleasure!

No comments: