Sunday, June 6, 2021

II Timothy 1:7 - "Wherever I Go"


I prayed for pastors before going to bed, three times during the night, and again this morning. Every time God woke me He brought pastors going through 'tough' days to my prayers. There are many that were struggling before COVID but then when it hit life became even more challenging for them. I praise God for pastors and churches who are stronger through the pandemic. I praise Him for pastors who have gone deeper in their faith through the challenges of life. God brought the song "Wherever I Go" to my mind each time He woke me.

Well I sweat in the heat of the battle
And I fought through the dust and the shadows
Oh, You never left my side
Never left my side, no
And I stood at the top of the world
I swam through the depths of my soul
No matter what I find
No matter what I find, oh

Drought or famine
High and low

Wherever I go
Oh, You're gonna find me there
Wherever I go
Oh, You're right beside me there
In the rising flame
Even in the pouring rain
Even in the flood, I'm safe
Oh, oh, oh, oh
You go wherever I go

We must always remember God is with us no matter what we are going through. He uses challenges of life to draw us closer to Him. He takes 'bad' situations and turns them into 'good' ones when we allow Him. We cannot 'go to bed and cover up our head' when life becomes challenging. We must stand firm in our faith and trust God. We cannot allow the enemy to put fear upon us but instead need to stand in the empowerment of the Holy Spirit. 

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the opportunities You gave me yesterday to love with Your love and the ones ahead in this day! Thank You for the privilege to preach today what You have given me! Thank You for the privilege to pray throughout the night for pastors especially those going through difficult times! Thank You for cleansing me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You! May You ooze out of my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts throughout the day ahead. Thank You for loving on me through people and circumstances! Thank You for continuing to be with: my Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Rhonda; Melanie; Brandy and her family; Elizabeth; Jack and Paula; Carrie; Jack; Little Ivy and her family; Cait; and so many others who need to feel Your strength. Thank You for bringing Rickey into my life! Thank You for continuing to bring the promises of Your Word before me to stand upon in 'good' and 'tough' days! Thank You for all the ways You love on me! Thank You for being with two friends who are struggling with career decisions! May Your will be made known to them in a mighty way. Thank You for being My Everything! Amen.

No comments: