Saturday, May 11, 2019

Psalm 91 - "Where Feet May Fail (Oceans)"



These words went through my mind throughout the day yesterday and during the night...

You call me out upon the waters
The great unknown where feet may fail
And there I find You in the mystery
In oceans deep
My faith will stand

And I will call upon Your name
And keep my eyes above the waves
When oceans rise
My soul will rest in Your embrace
For I am Yours and You are mine

Oh my...God knew exactly what I needed to keep going yesterday. He knew I needed words of encouragement to not just go to bed and cover up my head. Praise His Holy Name! I am His. I do not have anything to fear except fear itself. I will stand firm in my faith no matter what happens in the days ahead. He also knew I needed to read Psalm 91 again so He took me there. In the last verses there are eight promises I am holding onto...

  • He will rescue me (deliver, cause to escape)
  • He will protect me (set him on a high place)
  • He will answer me (respond to, speak)
  • He will be with me in times of trouble (in afflictions, in distress)
  • He will deliver me (rescue, to bring into safety)
  • He will honor me (to make rich, strong, heavy with honor)
  • He will satisfy me (to have abundance in the journey)
  • He will save me (let him see my deliverance & victory)
These are some pretty strong promises found in the last two verses of a strong chapter. This Psalm is rich in encouragement. It tells me as I rest in Him, He will be all I need. As I seek Him, He will fill me to overflowing with His strength. As I call upon Him, He will not only hear me but supply everything I need. What a wonderful God! Could He take the mass found in Doc's pancreas away? Oh course he could and He will in His time. For now, I need to rest in Him and accept whatever He puts before us. I am so grateful He moved the MRI appointment up from Friday to Monday. What a blessing! What an answer to prayer! I am praying the MRI results come in as quickly as the CT scan results did. I also am praying the blood work that was sent out will return soon. It is like when we were going through testing which ended up with the diagnosis of M.S. Once you know what you are fighting, you have a  better idea of what to fight. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the song You gave me throughout the day and night. Thank You for this Scripture You took me back to. I understand why You had me preach on it Sunday with what happened this week. Father, cleanse me so You can fill me. Fill me to overflowing with more of Your love. May You be greater than my words, actions, and attitude throughout this day. Thank You for those who are taking care of the Outreach tonight for us to rest. Father, whatever Your will is for tomorrow I pray You will give me the strength for it. I continue to pray for Doc to be out of pain. I also pray he will continue to seek Your strength. Thank You Jesus for being Our Protector! Amen.

No comments: