Tuesday, May 7, 2019

I Peter 1 - "Home"



 The Lord took me to the first chapter in I Peter this morning. I read it in different versions and settled into The Message. Verse eighteen stuck out to me. I thought about my sermon from Sunday where I spoke of the need to be in relationship with God. That would be the only way one could have a deep consciousness of Him. Everyone has a choice to make on whether they will walk with Him or not. Some people choose to not because they like life the way it is. They like not having to answer to anyone for their actions. They choose to live a life of 'fun' with the enemy throwing choices in front of them. Many think someone who believes in God can't have fun. I have a lot of fun in life. It may not be the same kind of fun as others have but I sure do enjoy life. I love people. I love spending time with those I know and meeting new ones. In my deep consciousness of God, I hear His voice and strive to walk in obedience to it. Do I always do as He desires? No, I miss opportunities He puts before me but I strive to not. I want to live a holy life as He has Peter telling me to in I Peter 1. I am holding onto verse five...

God is keeping careful watch over us and the future. The Day is coming when you’ll have it all—life healed and whole.

Woo hoo! Our time on this earth will fade away and be no longer. There will no longer be disease, broken relationships, addiction, etc. Instead there will be days of peace and harmony. What an awesome future to look forward to. Oh how I pray more people will give up living for the enemy; will give up living for themselves; will give up turning away from God; AND repent, accept, and live for Him.

I love the last few verses of this chapter. In The Message they read:

Now that you’ve cleaned up your lives by following the truth, love one another as if your lives depended on it. Your new life is not like your old life. Your old birth came from mortal sperm; your new birth comes from God’s living Word. Just think: a life conceived by God himself!

Woo hoo! This is so cool to think about! First He created us and when we repent, accept salvation, and live for Him our life is conceived by Him! That's so neat to think about!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead in this day! Father, I pray for more of You to take over me. I know the only way that can happen is for You to cleanse me so You can fill me with Yourself. Lord, thank You for Doc's good checkup with the orthopedic doctor for his thumb; thank You for opening up an appointment on Wednesday for his CT scan; thank You for giving me peace with the decision I was struggling with; and thank You for loving us so greatly. Lord, my physical body is saying 'no' to the day. I need Your supernatural empowerment to do what You desire of me. I know what is on the calendar but if any of it is not to happen, then I pray You will take it away. Thank You for the ten hours of sleep You provided last night. Thank You for continued wisdom with my classes. Thank You for this being the last week for the one and for me being half way through with my last one. Thank You Jesus for being My Life! Amen.









No comments: