Sunday, May 19, 2019

II Timothy 1:7 - "Best News Ever"


What a night of praying for pastors...wow, God! I went to bed at 10PM and prayed until 11:30 for not only pastors but for the people who would hear their sermons this morning. I prayed for those people to not only hear the sermons but to respond to them. I prayed for people who had not been to church for a while to go and for those who go to have a godly attitude. The Lord had me pray for 'crabby' people to be joyful. I almost laughed at loud at that prayer. I prayed I was not one He had me praying for in that area. Sometimes people, circumstances, etc. can get us down but we should never let it steal our joy. I prayed for my pastor/husband for healing in his body and for strength to preach today. I pray he did not overdo yesterday by going to the store with me. I prayed for him to have peace as we wait for Tuesday's appointment. Throughout the night He woke me to pray several times...

1:37AM for a specific pastor. He did not give me details other than to pray for him. 

2:22AM for another specific pastor. Once again, no details other than to pray for him.

4:37AM for Scott and Billie as they make decisions with her health.

5:14AM for Doc and our church board with decisions about the building. So many times it seems like major decisions come down to finances. I prayed for our church body to become stronger spiritually so God can use us to make a difference in our little world.

I had another hour before the clock went off but instead got up and prayed some more. 
  • A man called to pastor yet has walked away with a hurt ego has been heavy in my prayers over the last couple of weeks. 
  • God brought to my prayers a Children's Pastor whose resignation is being announced today. She is so concerned over how the children will take the announcement. I prayed for peace in her situation.
  • A church body that is voting today to merge with another church.
  • Retired pastors and spouses who feel like they have no place in life.
  • Pastors who had Brother Dan and/or his team in their churches to realize God opened doors through them. He used them as vehicles to change people's lives but they are not who made the changes. He had me pray for the leaders of these churches to realize He is the One that empowers people to perform miracles and He desires to empower them. 
  • Two churches that are merging together. May the transition go just as He desires. May the people not be selfish in their ideas of what the church should look like but instead be open to His will.
  • My pastor friend who is battling cancer.
  • Pastor Kevin and other pastors who are finishing up our Hebrew Prophets class. He and others are bi-vocational, have families, have finished up their Exegetical Paper this last week and facing a Final Exam this week along with keeping up with church duties.
  • For the people who will realize today...                                                                      What if I were the one to tell you 
    That the fight's already been won 
    Well I think your day's about to get better 
    What if I were the one to tell you 
    That the work's already been done 
    It's not good news 
    It's the best news ever 
Praying is such an intricate part of my life. It seems like it is something I do more of than anything else. I am grateful for being in relationship with Him where I not only hear His voice but I walk in obedience to it. I am grateful for the people He brings into my prayers but I especially am grateful when He brings pastors and their families into them. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for a night of prayer! I need Your supernatural empowerment for physical strength for this day with the little sleep I had. Father, cleanse me so You can fill me. May Your love flow out of my words, actions, and attitude in a new, different way today. May people see/hear You instead of me today. Father, I pray for Doc to have strength to preach today. Thank You for yesterday where life seemed 'normal' for a few hours. Thank You for loving us so greatly! Thank You for working a healing in his physical body! I know You are doing that. I have faith in one way or another, You are healing him. Thank You for going before us and taking away our fear and replacing it with peace. Thank You Jesus for being Our Peace Maker! Amen.

No comments: