Sunday, May 5, 2019

I Peter 2:9-10 - "Who You Say I Am"



In my Father's house, there's a place for me;
I'm a child of God, yes I am...

I love the words to this song. The bridge to "Who You Say I Am" goes...

I am chosen
Not forsaken
I am who You say I am
You are for me
Not against me
I am who You say I am


Yes! He chose me to be who He says I am to be. The most important thing I can do is to love Him so much that He oozes out of me. People need to not only see Jesus in me but they need to feel His love through me. Before bed, during the night, and again this morning God had my usual Saturday night prayers going on for pastors. He had me pray for three groups...

  • Those who are so discouraged they dread getting into the pulpit today.
  • Those who are so on fire for him they can't wait to worship with their church family.
  • Those who are praising Him through storms of life and in ministry and not allowing the enemy to steal their joy.
It is always interesting the way He directs my prayers. It also is interesting what song He gives me when I first wake. "Who You Say I Am" is for everyone but I think it especially is for those called into vocational ministry. We all need to remember that man did not call us but God did. Therefore, we should not allow man to direct our path. For some pastors, that is easier said than done. Some are in tight financial situations where they feel like they have to do what people want for fear they will leave and take their money elsewhere. Where is their trust in God? Do they not believe God will provide? I have seen many instances where good givers left a church and yet not only did he survive but it thrived! God showed Himself in some mighty big ways. I have also seen where a pastor was so on fire for God and man tried to pull them down to earth. When pastors do not give into the enemy, they will be blessed. When people catch onto the fire they have for the Lord, they will receive blessings too. There are many times when we, as pastors, choose to praise Him instead of allowing the enemy an open door into our situation. The end result will be a blessing. The time between the storm and the end result can be joyful when it is accepted into our life. During the night I prayed for a healing in Doc's body. I know it will come. I also know it will come in God's time. Until it occurs, I will strive to be joyful no matter what. God answered my prayer yesterday with giving him strength to be at the Parking Lot Sale. God knew I needed him there. God also knows I am comfortable with preaching so He is giving me that opportunity today. God knows everything. He knows the desires of our heart. He knows when things will happen. There are times when we ask 'why?' but we truly do not have to know. All we have to know is He is in control and as long as we live in His presence we will be blessed throughout whatever happens in life. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the way You use me to pray for pastors but especially on Saturday nights. Thank You for the blessing of yesterday with all of the help we had for the sale, the donated items, and the people You brought to buy. Thank You for holding the rain off until the sale was over. Father, this morning I pray You will cleanse me so You can fill me. I pray for an exuberant amount of Your love to flow from me. I pray You will be my words, actions, and attitude. Thank You for the opportunity to bring Your Word today. Father, I am not going to quit praying for a healing in Doc's body. I pray Your time for this will be soon. Until it happens, I pray You will give me mental, emotional, physical, and most of all spiritual strength to do what I need to do. Thank You Jesus for being The One Who Chose Me! Amen.

No comments: