Friday, May 17, 2019

II Timothy 1:7; Psalm 30:11-12 - "Oceans, Where Feet May Fail"


In the wee hours of this morning I awoke and tried to pray. I just could not seem to get the words to come. I cried out, "Lord we need a miracle." There was nothing. It was silent. I cried out again, "Lord we need a miracle." The words 'turned my wailing into dancing' came to my mind. I know these words are found in a Psalm but I wasn't sure which one. I continued again with, "Lord we need a miracle" and waited. Once again, 'turned my wailing into dancing' came to my mind. God reminded me of my nine month time with M.S. where my legs would not work even after infusions and therapy. The doctors could not explain it. They said an M.S. exacerbation cannot last that long yet I went nine long months without full function in my legs. I will never forget the Sunday Brother Dan called our house. He told Doc the Lord had told him he when he left Indiana to go to Texas he was to come to Willard for me to be healed. He asked if that was ok for Thursday evening. Without hesitation, Doc said yes. He knew he needed approval of the church board before scheduling a service but God superseded the church board. We prayed all week for Thursday night and had others praying too. We told God 'we need a miracle' and He provided. It was His time to do so. I walked into the church that night using a walker. I used a cane to walk to the altar at the end of the service. I honestly do not even remember what he preached on that night but when the altar call was given I went. I was there for awhile crying out to God. I have no idea how long it was before I heard, "Sheila walk over to me." I stood up on my own strength and walked on my own over to where Brother Dan laid hands on me and prayed for my entire body to be healed. I danced out of the sanctuary. Woo hoo! I was not the only one healed that night. There were many others. This proved to all who were witness that our God is still in the miracle making business. I believed with all my heart God can and will heal Doc from this mass in his pancreas. It is not His will for there to be illness. I am praying this morning "on earth as it is in heaven" as I pray for healing in Doc's body. I am refusing to allow the enemy to rejoice in putting fear over me. I am refusing to allowing him to destroy my faith. Yesterday as I watched him in such pain and nausea my heart broke. I just want to 'fix' things but I can't. God is the only One to 'fix' them. But He can use me as a vessel to pray for him. He can use me to support him through the tough days until His time for the miracle He is going to do over Doc's body. He can use me to speak words of life into Doc and to rebuke negative words that are spoken over him. It amazes me the stories people will tell of someone they know 'that had the same thing and...' Urgh! God wants words of life to flow from our lips. He desires us to speak His words not the words given to us by the enemy. Oh how my heart breaks when I hear some things people have said over him. I rebuke them in the name of Jesus. "Lord, we need a miracle" could not be any truer. Actually, we need a couple miracles. We need one in Doc's health and we need one with the church building situation. Both of these situations are critical in our life. God knows when both will occur and we must stand strong as we wait. This morning the words to "Oceans Where Feet May Fail" are going through my mind...

Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders
Let me walk upon the waters
Wherever You would call me
Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander
And my faith will be made stronger
In the presence of my Savior


God led us to South Carolina on faith. 
He led us through my breast cancer on faith.
He led us to buy the church building on faith.
He is leading us through the mass on Doc's pancreas on faith.

Plain and simple. It is our faith deepening in God that is allowing us to continue on every day. It is knowing others are praying for us that enable us to keep going. Last night as I laid down to go to sleep my legs and neck had M.S. tingling. I have had many people ask me how my body was doing with the stress these days. Yesterday there were several who asked. My response was that I was doing pretty good and could feel the prayers of many or something along those lines. But as I started experiencing the tingling I remembered I added something about 'so far' to my response. Those words gave an open door to the enemy and he pounced on them. I rebuked those words in the name of Jesus. I then realized I, myself, had spoken negative words into my life. Urgh! 

When I looked up 'wailing into dancing' up this morning, I was blessed by the words of Psalm 30:11-12. 

You turned my wailing into dancing;
    you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy,
12 that my heart may sing your praises and not be silent.
    Lord my God, I will praise you forever.


Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the way You blessed me yesterday with Elizabeth and her Momma Judy taking me out for a girl's breakfast! Thank You for the three servers I had the opportunity to pray for/with! Thank You all the blessings of the day and the ones ahead in this day! Father, I pray You will cleanse me so You can fill me today! I pray today is the day You will turn my mourning into dancing! I pray You will not let me miss any opportunities You put before me. Lord, thank You for Ellen being done with her chemo treatments. Thank You for being with her and her family through some very dark days. Father, may her life be a testament for You. I pray the same for myself. I want people to see/hear You instead of me. May that be the case today in a new, different way. I pray for Brother Dan and his team as they ministering all over the world today. I also pray today will be a better day for Doc's physical health today. Thank You for providing an opening for an appointment on Tuesday for him. It would be so awesome if we could walk into that appointment with him healed! Woo hoo! It would be even more awesome to have the doctor come into relationship with You through his experience. Your will, Father...Your will. Thank You Jesus for being Our Faith Deepener! Amen!

No comments: