Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Philippians 4:13 - "Best News Ever"


Today would have been my brother's birthday. I miss him so much but I am grateful for the memories I have to relive. When I was a little girl, the older kids had to take care of me a lot. I loved when Genie had me. One of my favorite memories was him sitting me in the front seat of his GTO and telling me if I sat still, was quiet, and didn't tell Mom he would get me an ice cream cone. Anyone who knows me and how I love ice cream knows what happened with that situation. Actually, there were a few times I was given that option. Little did I know I was drag racing on Back Massillon Road! Years later when Mom found out I thought he was going to be skinned alive! To think there weren't even seat belts back then! Oh the memories. His senior picture he gave me was found when they were going through his stuff. I have it by my bedside and will always cherish it. I will never forget the video they did of the first Christmas we were in South Carolina. That was one of the hardest times of my life. Not only was I alway from family for the first time for the holiday but I was in the middle of radiation treatments for breast cancer. Gene had been battling lung cancer just as Daddy did. When he came on the video, he told me he loved me and to keep fighting. It was only a couple months later his fight was over. Praise God he came back into relationship with the Lord before leaving this earth! This morning God brought the song "Best News Ever" into my mind when I woke up. I love the message in this song!

What if I were the one to tell you 
That the fight's already been won 
Well I think your day's about to get better 
What if I were the one to tell you 
That the work's already been done 
It's not good news 
It's the best news ever 


Yes! God has already fought the fight for us to live. He gave His Only Son over to death so we could have life. That is exciting to hear and for people to grasp in their being. The enemy may prowl around trying to destroy but when we are empowered by God's supernatural strength there is no way he can win! Woo hoo! God is greater than anything the enemy throws our way. "The best news ever" is that we can have God's strength while we live on this earth so we can live with Him for eternity! Woo hoo! That is exactly where I desire to live. In His strength. I am so thankful my brother found His strength in his last years of life on this earth. That thought gives me assurance of where he will live for eternity. It is hard when a loved one leaves this earth but we must hold onto the memories of days past and forge on to the days ahead.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your love, mercy, and grace! Thank You for empowering me with Your supernatural empowerment! I know the only way that can happen is for You to cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May my words, actions, and attitude flow with Your love today. May You be seen and heard in all I do. Father, I continue to pray for relief for Doc's pain. I pray for You to be greater than it in him today. May he lean into Your strength in a new, different way. I also pray for our family as we remember Gene today on his birthday. May all hold onto the good memories we have. Thank You for being Our Strength! Amen.

No comments: