Monday, May 6, 2019

Psalm 91 - "When I Call On Jesus"


 Yesterday while preaching I made some bold statements. One was:

One does not really know God until we know Him by name.

I firmly believe this. If I did not believe it, I would not have proclaimed. it. Psalm 91 gives four names for God in the first two verses. They are: Most High; Almighty; Lord; and God. If we are not in relationship with Him, we cannot be intimate with Him. Therefore, we will not be able to hear His Voice which in turn makes it be that we cannot walk in obedience. Oh how I desire to stay in relationship with Him and I pray for more people to have that same desire. I pray the people in the horrific accident between Willard and Shelby yesterday are/were in relationship with Him. I prayed during the night for comfort for the family who lost a baby in the accident. I also prayed for a dear man here in Beaufort who lost his wife Saturday. They went through the tragic death of a grandson since we have lived here so this family has been through so much in a short time. God also had me praying for someone else during the night that is facing the death of a loved one. He did not share who this is and for that I am thankful. Sometimes when He has me pray there is just too much heaviness to add who I am praying for. I am grateful for Psalm 91 that tells me I can cry out to Him and He will be My Protector, My Power, My Refuge, My Shadow, The One I Trust In...the list goes on and on. I am so grateful for the way He shields me from things I do not even realize. As I told the people yesterday, we need to think of Him as Our Umbrella. His shadow protects us from the 'rain' of the storms. Yes, there will be storms in life. Sometimes they will even feel like they are a hurricane tearing us apart. Sometimes they will feel like we are drowning in the floods but we do not have to because He is Our Covering. He is Our Shelter from everything the enemy tries to put on us. BUT the only way to live such a life is to be able to call Him by name. This means not just crying out 'Oh God' in times of trouble but instead abiding in Him 24/7 so when we cry out His comfort will not only be realized but understood. During the storms of life people will be watching to see how we will react. They will see whether we truly believe in Him or not. I desire for people to see that I am the real thing. I walk through life what I speak. I am in relationship with Him 24/7 not just on Sundays. I said it in Sunday School and I repeated it in my sermon. We all need to repent and ask for a cleansing in our spirit every day. If we miss doing this, two things can happen. One is we may miss a blessing put before us throughout the day. The second is if God called us home, we may not be spiritually ready. I live a life where I desire for neither of these two scenarios to happen. I want to be clean before Him. I want people to see His love ooze out of me. Woo hoo!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for waking me during the night to pray for the families involved in the horrific accident; Roger who has lost his wife; and one who will soon have a loved one leave this earth. Father, be with each person involved in these prayers. I pray for You to put people in their lives that will be You to them. Lord, I also pray for Doc as he continues with pain. Thank You for his fever being gone. Lord, I pray for wisdom with doctors. I pray for Ben's family with the flu bug. I pray for Your arms to be wrapped around each one of them. Father, cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May people see and hear You instead of me today. I pray for wisdom as I continue with school. I am so close to being done but I need Your supernatural strength to finish. I pray for a situation I am dealing with to be resolved in Your will. You are the Only One to know what is best in it. Thank You Jesus for being My Everything! Amen.

No comments: