Friday, May 24, 2019

II Timothy 1:7 - "Blessings"


Yesterday was just too hard of a day. It was long. It was emotional. It was just too hard. When the nurse thanked us for being so nice about the wait, my thought was it wasn't his fault so why would we not be nice. But then the other one said something about us always being nice. She knew because she had a history with us. I felt so good because I knew God was showing through us. I believe God had a reason for the two hour delay. I may never know the reason but that doesn't matter. Perhaps it was because the elderly lady on the other side of the curtain needed to go first for her procedure. Or perhaps He wanted us to realize we needed to lean into His strength more. Or maybe it was for people to see Him through our attitude. I may not know the reason but I do know I'm grateful for the way we handled the delay. I'm also grateful for the ten hours of sleep last night after such a day. Another thing I'm grateful for this morning is there are no doctor appointments today. Next Wednesday, Thursday, Friday each have one. There are also two others suppose to be completed before next Friday. With Monday being a holiday, the schedule may fill up fast. I have a choice to make. 

I can panic or I can accept His peace. 
I can fret over the 'what ifs' or I can accept His peace.
I can worry over the future or I can put it in His hands and have peace.

I am choosing Him and His peace.

No God = No Peace
Know God = Know Peace

I am standing on the promises of His Word. I will not be fearful because He made me to have His empowerment, His love, and to live in His will. He made me to listen and walk in obedience. He made me to be strong in Him.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead in this day. Thank You for Tiffany mowing our yard yesterday. Thank You for Amy's hug. Thank You for giving us physical strength for the day. Father, cleanse us so You can fill us. I pray for people to see/hear You through me today. Lord, here it is Friday and my Final Exam still has not been studied for properly let alone be taken. Please enable me to focus on this task to complete it. I also pray for recollection when I do take it. I pray for Doc to not have so much pain today, especially with the procedure site. I pray for him as he puts his sermon together. Lord, give Paul, Lizzy, and Bella safe travels and favor over them this weekend with their endeavor to find a new home. Thank You Father for loving us so greatly and continually blessing us. Thank You for being Our Everything! Amen.


1 comment:

shayndel said...

I like that " No God , no peace, and Know God, know Peace".
I have been learning about that too.
Praise God.
Shalom! (Peace!) & Blessings to you!♡