Saturday, May 18, 2019

II Timothy 1:7 - "Blessed Be The Name"/"Confidence"


What a fun day yesterday! The Lord knew I needed it. I had some snuggling time with a cute little baby girl in the morning. Then in the afternoon I experienced karaoke at an assisted living facility with friends. The evening was topped off with the submission of my Exegetical Paper and an early bedtime. I am so blessed and grateful for every blessing He gives me. This morning the moon was shining so bright it was light before the sun even thought about coming up. As I looked at it up there in the sky, I thought 'wow God' You are so magnificent! The words to "Blessed Be The Name" came into my mind...

Every blessing You pour out
I'll turn back to praise
When the darkness closes in
Still I will say...
Yes! I will praise Him for days like yesterday where I could feel His love all over me. I can tell there are many people praying for us through this time with the mass in Doc's pancreas. I can feel the prayers. The song continues...

Blessed Be Your name
When I'm found in the desert place
Though I walk through the wilderness
Blessed Be Your name


Yes! We feel like we are in a desert and need to stay close to the Living Water. We feel like we are walking through a wilderness and need to continue to allow Him to be Our Guide. The only way to do these things is to stay in His presence. We must not allow the enemy to put fear upon us. Instead we need to allow God to strengthen us through His empowerment. Woo hoo! The more we praise Him, the more the enemy will fight us but as we have found over the years, we are not just fighters but we are warriors. We are not on this journey for a short trip but instead are in it for the long haul. God is our Strength. He will supply all our needs...physically, mentally, emotionally, financially, and most of all spiritually. Woo hoo!
cDear Jesus,
Thank You for Your love, mercy, and grace! Thank You for blessing me in abundance yesterday in so many ways! Father, cleanse me so You can fill me this morning. I desire to be more like You. I want people to see and hear You instead of me. The words to "Confidence" are with me this morning. Father may You...
So give me faith like Daniel in the lion's den
Give me hope like Moses in the wilderness
Give me a heart like David, Lord be my defense
So I can face my giants with confidence
Thank You for being with Doc today. May his pain lessen and his nausea be less. May You bless him with a healing in his body. Thank You Jesus for being Our Confidence! Amen.


No comments: