Friday, May 10, 2019

Psalm 91 - "Before the Morning"


Every time I was awake during the night I had these words from a song Josh Wilson sings going through my mind...

So hold on, you gotta wait for the light
Press on, and just fight the good fight
'Cause the pain that you've been feeling,
It's just the dark before the morning

It is so much easier to minister to someone than to go through tough times myself. The waiting on medical testing seems to take forever although the way doctors get back with test results down here is pretty amazing. Doc's CT scan was around 1:30 and Dr. Stewart called himself around 4:00 to discuss the results. Yesterday's blood work results were called to us within a couple hours of having it done. That is so much better than waiting for days on results. The wait for the MRI is not the hospital or doctor's fault but can be blamed on the insurance company. The waiting time is where we have a choice to make. We can either continue living life as we know it or we can go into a pity party for ourselves and give the enemy an open door. Our walk in this recent path with Doc's mass has only been a few days. There are many who are into weeks, months, and even years with such a walk. We talked last night about how we just feel numb. As a human being, you wonder how much more can happen to us but whatever we go through we must never forget God is in control. I love the encouragement from this song. We must hold onto God for His strength. We must not give up but instead "press on, and just fight the good fight..." If we don't, the enemy will win. We cannot allow that to happen. God brought us to Beaufort, South Carolina to proclaim the doctrine of holiness. He brought us here to love on people who need to feel His love. Every day it seems like another reason He brought us here was to stretch our faith and take us deeper into relationship with Him. He continues to take me back to Psalm 91 that is full of encouragement words. The very first verse is the one I will hold near to my heart throughout this day. I will stay in the secret place of My Heavenly Father so He can protect me by His shadow. I will stay near to Him throughout this day. I must because if I don't, the enemy will have an open door into my life and I will not allow that. I get the sense that today is going to be a day where staying in His protection is a must. There is something that is going to happen that will require His strength to be so very present in my life. I must hold onto Him in a new, different way today for what is ahead.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your love that encourages and protects me. Thank You for the words of this song this morning that encourage me to 'fight the good fight' as You have called me to do. Father, cleanse me so You can fill me. This is the only way I will be able to have Your strength with what is ahead in this day. Father, I pray for Doc as he continues to be in pain. May You protect him from he evil one having any open door. I pray for Kandi as she awaits test results. I prayed during the night for people who are struggling with the Mother's Day holiday. I prayed for the Momma's who have lost a child; ones who have never been able to conceive; those who have lost their Momma; those who had/have a bad relationship with their Momma; and those with prodigal children. I prayed for all of them to feel Your arms wrapped around them. I miss my Momma so much. It is times like what we are going through that I wish I were closer to my family. If I could only have a hug from one of them, but I know that is not what You have for me right now. Father, I am Your obedient servant. That is why I am where I am. May You bless my efforts at being You to others. May people see/hear You instead of me today. May Your love be felt by all who come into contact with me today. Thank You Jesus for being My Secret Place! Amen.

No comments: