Thursday, May 9, 2019

Ephesians 6:10-18 - "I Am Not Alone"


I told Doc last evening this was just another 'bump in the road' but it is more like a 'pot hole.' Hearing the doctor use the word 'mass' is no fun. Thinking we were going to hear he had diverticulitis was one thing but finding out there is a mass in his pancreas is something no one ever wants to face. The best part about it is we are not alone. God is with us. His strength is our strength. His wisdom in our wisdom. His courage is our courage. This morning I woke with the words to "I Am Not Alone"....

When I walk through deep waters
I know that You will be with me
When I'm standing in the fire
I will not be overcome
Through the valley of the shadow
I will not fear

I am not alone
I am not alone
You will go before me
You will never leave me


These are some 'deep waters' before us but we will not drown.
It is a fire we have stood in before but it will not burn us.
The enemy enjoys putting fear into such situations but we will not fear.

How can I say these things? By standing in the Lord's strength and knowing He is in control of even things such as a one inch mass. This is just another 'bump in the road' just as all the other things we have gone through in almost thirty years of marriage. 

Do I want to live through this? No, but I will because God is with me.
Would I like a miraculous miracle where the MRI shows nothing? Of course so.
Am I going to fall apart? Emotionally, I am sure I will from time to time but spiritually I will not. Instead I will live in His strength.
How will I 'get through' this without sinking into this 'pot hole'? By allowing God to direct my days...one moment at a time. I will lean into Him as I remember so many verses He gives me to be encouraged. Philippians 4:13; Ephesians 6; Joshua 1:9; II Chronicles 20:15b...the list goes on and on. I believe Ephesians 6 is the one we need to concentrate on the most in the days ahead. We cannot allow the enemy any open door into our lives. We must stand strong in our faith and allow God to walk us through whatever lies ahead. There are no surprises for God. In fact, He was not surprised with the finding of the mass. I am grateful it was found. I am grateful the doctor ordered the CT scan. I am grateful for the way the MRI will be scheduled in a timely manner so we will know what we are dealing with. I am grateful for God to be Our God.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your love! Thank You for being with us as we deal with this 'pot hole' in life. Father, cleanse us to You can fill us. May You be our words, actions, and attitude throughout this day in a new, different way. I pray for Doc as he goes for blood work and awaits the time for the MRI so we can find out what the mass is; Roger with his wife's funeral today; Sandie and Jim as they continue to deal with her stroke; for the Momma who is having early labor; and Billie as she undergoes her first mastectomy today. Thank You for Ellen getting to go home from the hospital and for giving me the direction to finish my Portfolio for school. I pray for Your wisdom as I do my exegetical paper. I pray You will take away distractions so my mind can be focused on this task. Father, thank You again for always being with us. Thank You for being Our God! Amen.


No comments: