Thursday, December 2, 2021

Exodus 14:14 - "I Need A Miracle"


I woke up with the song "I Need A Miracle" that Third Day sings. I thought about how many people are in places in life right now where a miracle is the only thing that will change their circumstances. Some are dealing with life and death health issues in themselves or loved ones. Some are in the middle of separation or divorce from their spouse. Some are living paycheck to paycheck and not knowing how they are going to put food on the table let alone have presents for Christmas. I have been in each one of these circumstances and none of them are easy to deal with. What we must remember is we are not alone. God is with us at all time. He is here to love on us and help us through 'tough' days. He is there to encourage us and at time does so through others. The words to this song are filled with truth.

Well no matter who you are and no matter what you've done
There will come a time when you can't make it on your own
And in your hour of desperation
Know you're not the only one
Prayin', "Lord above, I need a miracle
I need a miracle"


We all get into 'tough' spots where the only thing to help is a miracle. What we must remember is God provides what is best for us in His time. We may think we know what is best but not necessarily is it. As we go through such times we have to trust Him and allow Him to work in and through us. I am reminded this morning of the words of Moses in Exodus 14:14. He was explaining to the Israelites what they needed to do in their circumstance when Pharaoh and his army went after them again. The Israelites had gone through a lot in the wilderness and complained a lot. They were exhausted in every aspect of their being. Physically, mentally, emotionally, financially, and spiritually. They needed a miracle and God provided when He parted the Red Sea for them to cross. Praise God He did not leave them alone because of their complaining! Praise God He gave them hope when they saw the waters part! Praise God for the hope God gave the Israelites that day and gives us today as we allow Him! God fought for the Israelites by empowering them in their battles and sometimes by just taking care of what needed done Himself. It is key to be still and trust God. In our humanness we want to fix things but that is not what we need to do. We need to be still and allow God to take care of things in His time and in the way He desires. When we live in this manner, He will fight our battles for us and through us and will give us peace.

Dear Jesus,
Sometimes the words just don't come for praying but I know all I have to do is call upon Your name. This morning I am saying, "Jesus" and expecting You to hear my prayer. This battle is greater than us but it is not greater than You. Cleanse me so You can fill me. I feell like the Israelites in that I am exhausted in every aspect of life. I am so thankful for ones who are carrying us through prayers. Lord, may today be the day where there is great improvement in Rickey. But if that is not Your plan then empower us through whatever lies ahead. I continue to pray for Anna, Michael, Matt, and myself to feel Your strength. I pray the same for Tisha and her family with the loss of her dear Daddy. I pray for all going through 'tough' days to receive Your empowerment and peace. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Ben and Colleen; Tony and Madeline; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Mike; Norma Hall; Carrie; Little Jensen who needs a heart; many with COVID; Sharon Sebolt; the Pottenger Family; Serena's husband; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a teen in a volatile home situation; a husband/father separated from his wife; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are having treatments for 'c'...Doug and Gay; Sharon's daughter Ashley and niece Amy; Chrissy's cousin; George and Sharon; Cait's friend with leukemia; Little Ivy; and a breast cancer survivor that had something show on CT scan. I praise You for going before Donald as he has issues from his recent knee surgery. I praise You for staying close to June yesterday as it was the second anniversary of Karl's death.Lord, calm my hippy hippy shakes down. May we all draw closer to You and allow You to be who You desire to be in our life. Thank You Jesus for being My Miracle Maker! Amen.

No comments: