Friday, December 31, 2021

John 13:34-36 - "I Will Follow"

God knows what I need and provides. Last night spending the evening with Rickey's family was priceless. I truly believe God put us together because He knew we needed one another. Healing continued as we talked, ate together, laughed, etc. Memories of Rickey are precious and reflection upon who he was in each of our lives means so much. I am one blessed lady with the addition of my bonus family. It does not take blood to make a family. God has blessed me with so many people who are close like family. Family to me is anyone I do life with. That can mean biological, church, neighbors, friends, etc. When one puts effort into a relationship, they will receive blessings from it. Some relationships come easy and others take more work. No matter what God will bless us through them. The 'secret' in all relationships is God's love. When His love is the center of a relationship, no matter what obstacles come into play they will be worked through. When His love is the foundation of a friendship, marriage, family, etc., there is a great bond between all involved. God desires us to love with His love. That means we love unconditionally. Jesus died on the cross for all of us because of His great love for all. He did not die for some. He did not pick and choose who would have eternal life. He died for all of us. Peter asked Jesus in John 13 where He was going. I love His reply. “Where I am going, you cannot follow now, but you will follow later.” Those words are for all who are in relationship with Him. Praise His Holy Name! We have the hope of eternal life when we are in relationship with Him. We have the knowledge of eternal life through reading His Word. I am so grateful for my relationship with Him. I know He is always with me and always loving on me. The more I love Him the more He loves through me. Woo hoo! As 2021 comes to an end I reflect back on how much He loved me over this past year through my relationship with others. My relationship with Rickey was short yet was so awesome. My relationships with others were great and meaningful. Most of all my relationship with God went deeper than ever before. I trust Him more today than this time last year. My love for Him has grown so strong and I look forward to see it grow stronger in the year ahead. I am so thankful for all of the people He has put in my life to love on. What a blessing! I am reminded this morning of the lyrics to a song Chris Tomlin sings called "I Will Follow"...

Where you go, I'll go
Where you stay, I'll stay
When you move, I'll move
I will follow you
Who you love, I'll love
How you serve I'll serve
If this life I lose, I will follow you, yeah
I will follow you, yeah

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for my time with Rickey's family last night! What a blessing to talk, laugh, share stories of Rickey, etc.! I know last night was more healing for all of us. May You continue to give Anna, Michael, Matt, and myself times like last night as we continue this journey without Rickey. Lord, You are so good. Thank You for being more to me as this year closes out and a new one begins! Thank You for cleansing me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You! May You ooze out of my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today in a mighty way. May people see/hear You instead of me. Lord, I pray for relationships to be restored in this new year. I pray for those who need to restore their relationship with You, family members, friends, etc. May people realize we never know when our last breath will be taken on this earth. If we want to be with You in heaven when that happens, we need to be in right relationship with You on this earth. Lord, empower us all to walk in Your love. I pray for many who are going through 'tough' days to have people in their life who will love them with Your love. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Tony and Madeline; Cait; Mike; Norma Hall; Carrie; Little Jensen who needs a heart; many with COVID; Sharon Sebolt; the Pottenger Family; Serena's husband; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a husband/father separated from his wife; Cyndi; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c'...Doug and Gay; Sharon's daughter Ashley and niece Amy; Chrissy's cousin; George and Sharon; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Elaine Stoltzfus; Tammie; and Little Ivy. Father, I also pray for a friend who is undergoing testing for possible mesothelioma. Lord, be so real to her in these days. I pray the same for a friend separated from her family after a recent loss of a loved one. May she feel Your presence in these days of separation. I ask You to wrap Your loving arms around families who had recent losses. Bill, Ashley, Polings, and Jennifer's co-worker. I pray for a family  whose loved one appears to be in her last hours. May they be surrounded by people who will love on them with Your love. I pray for safety on the road as I travel to meet friends this morning. Thank You for being The One I Follow! Amen. 

No comments: