Friday, December 24, 2021

Luke 2:19; Psalm 46:10 - "Mary Did You Know?"

 

Every year as the calendar gets ready to change over to a new year I ask God to give me a word. Last year it was 'expect/expectation' and that is exactly what I did. I expected great things to happen and they did. I could not even begin to list all of the great things that happened because there were so many. One of the greatest things was God bringing Rickey into my life to restore laughter in my spirit. He made me feel loved and beautiful. We made so many memories in our short time together. Yesterday God gave me my word for 2022. 'Ponder.' After I received that word I reflected upon 2021 and pondered upon 2022. The definition for 'ponder' is: think about (something) carefully, especially before making a decision or reaching a conclusion. The first thing that came to my mind when God gave me this word was Luke 2:19. It reads in the New International VersionBut Mary treasured up all these things and pondered them in her heart. Mary had much to ponder upon with being chosen to be the mother of Jesus. Life was not a bed of roses with the task given her but she embraced it and lived in obedience to her Heavenly Father. As I read the definition of this word and apply it to Mary's situation I can only imagine how her mind must have been racing with all that occurred. But this verse also tells me she did not make hasty decisions but instead pondered them in her heart. This word reminds me to walk in Psalm 46:10. Be still and know that I am God in the days ahead. Sunday's sermon has a part about how we need to allow God to be His Great Self. This is something we don't always do. Sometimes we think about things and try to make them be as we desire instead of allowing Him to work in and through us. The more I ponder, the more He will be Who He desires to be in my life so I can be who He desires me to be. This morning I am pondering upon yesterday. God was so very close to me throughout the day. There were many times when I felt agitated in my spirit and I prayed against it. There were times when the tears fell and I allowed Him to use them in my healing process. By the end of the afternoon I just wanted to be home in my safe place and He provided. He blessed me in abundance when I left my keys lay at the post office and a nice man turned them in. He blessed me in abundance with words spoken over me from a friend I have never met in person. He blessed me in abundance as I walked into the thrift store and the lady who sold me this picture frame for Rickey for Christmas hugged and cried with me. He blessed me in abundance with many friends checking on me. He blessed me in abundance with my time with Marion. Plain and simple. He blessed me in abundance. I will 'ponder' these blessings from yesterday as I 'expect' more blessings in the day ahead. I am reminded this morning of the words to the song "Mary Did You Know" and wonder just what all she 'pondered' as she held Baby Jesus.

Mary, did you know that your baby boy is Lord of all creation?
Mary, did you know that your baby boy would one day rule the nations?
Did you know that your baby boy is heaven's perfect Lamb?
That sleeping child you're holding is the great I am.

Dear Jesus, Thank You for all of the blessings from yesterday but especially for giving me my word for 2022! Thank You for all the people who touched my life yesterday! Thank You for loving me so greatly! Thank You for using tears to help in my healing process! Thank You for Anna, Michael, and Matt who help me through 'tough' days as I miss my Rickey so deeply! It is so hard to believe it has already been two weeks since he left us. Thank You for my short time with him and for the memories we made! Father, cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May people see/hear You instead of me today. May You flow from my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts in a mighty way. Thank You for being with my friend who continues to battle COVID! I praise You for their release from the hospital. I praise You for Colleen's family and my sister Linda getting stronger after their fight with it. I praise You for things going well for Elaine Stoltzfus with her treatment. Lord, there are so many hurting people and I pray Your peace over them. May You be greater than the hurts of life for all and put people before them who will love on them with Your love. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Tony and Madeline; Cait; Mike; Norma Hall; Carrie; Little Jensen who needs a heart; many with COVID; Sharon Sebolt; the Pottenger Family; Serena's husband; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a husband/father separated from his wife; Cyndi; Daniel; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c'...Doug and Gay; Sharon's daughter Ashley and niece Amy; Chrissy's cousin; George and Sharon; Ashley's father-in-law; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Elaine Stoltzfus; Tammie; and Little Ivy. I pray Your peace over Jennifer's coworker whose mother appears to be in her last days on this earth. I pray blessings over Adam as he celebrates his birthday today. I'm so disappointed in not getting to see them as planned. Thank You for being The One Who Loves Me! Amen.



No comments: